icon

bulldog rs1100 ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shawn3091 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2010 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a rs1100 remote start in my 94 cavalier and when i connect the battery it flashed the parking lights like the manual said it would then i held the brake and pressed the button on the remote with the hood open like it says to and it responded. then i pressed start and it just cranked without starting and i had to disconnect the battery to make it stop. now everytime i hook the battery up it just starts to crank right away. what could be the problem, i checked all the wiring. i unplugged the starter wire from it so i could connect the battery and see what it did, it responds to the remote, i press start and it flashes the lights and they stay on and i hit stop and they go out, but the ignition 1, starter, and accessory wires from the unit have power at all times as soon as you connect the battery.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2010 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

I would try a Clear Memory procedure on the RS1100 as described on page 20 of the manual.  Also double check all you connections to the car. 

It would help if you listed your wiring from the unit to the car.  You could use this as a template:   http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/newsite/pictures/pdfs/RS-1100P%20GREEN%20MANUAL%20INSTA.pdf

Bulldog Security has a Tech Support department.  They are pretty good even if you are on hold a while.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic