connecting 2 sirens to an alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stingsan99 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2010 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everybody,
I have seen in some post that 2 sirens can be connected to the same alarm, I would like to know if only the addition of another siren gives a louder general sound?
Thanks
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2010 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
in a perfect world, this is basically doubling your power,so you should get a 3db increase in sound output.
anonymous1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  

Doubling the horns under my hood increased the honkability, so I dont see why not.

Doubling them again, started to get ignorant people's attentions.

jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
If you would like to do the following..here is what I did with my Viper alarm system. I have two sirens, one under the driver side headlight..and the other mounted up under the back bumper underneath rear tail light. All wiring concealed. Each siren is different.. my front siren shoots of 2 tones, and the rear 2 different tones. Yes it is loud. The siren output of the alarm (brown wire DEI) can only push one siren. So, Using a relay connect the following... 86 to brown of alarm output, 30 to constant 12v, 87 to both red wires of sirens, and 85 to ground. But keep in mind if you have a backup battery it may not handle the load of 2 sirens for a long period of time. Hope this helpsconnecting 2 sirens to an alarm - Last Post -- posted image.
stingsan99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 4:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies,
I am asking this question, because I get a very loud noise even with the chirp sound when arming/disarming my alarm (reference to my post : Giordon alarm weird sound).
Last day when I was looking at my engine bay I noticed that the wire for the siren is a double one, and I also noticed that it was connected to a second siren which I didn't noticed because it was hided under the master cylinder.
As I don't need such a loud sound I wanted to know if disconnecting one of the siren will give me a lower overall sound?
Thanks
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
disconnecting 1 should be lower
boxhead78 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2010 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  

just do 2 sirens and the horn

boxead78
stingsan99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  
91stt wrote:
disconnecting 1 should be lower
I've just disconnected one and sound is still the same, is it possible that a relay has been connected to the system to deliver a louder sound?
anonymous1 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  

It's possible, or maybe you just removed a siren that was defective or wasnt working properly because it wasnt wired properly.

You'll have to trace wires and do more hands-on investigative work if you really want to know how it was wired up.

Or you can test the siren at the battery, and if it is functional, keep it as a spare, or donate to Goodwill.

stingsan99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
anonymous1 wrote:

It's possible, or maybe you just removed a siren that was defective or wasnt working properly because it wasnt wired properly.

You'll have to trace wires and do more hands-on investigative work if you really want to know how it was wired up.

Or you can test the siren at the battery, and if it is functional, keep it as a spare, or donate to Goodwill.

Thanks for your advice, unfortunatly I'm not very good in electrics works, except for some little works like changing a bulb lol.
I will ask the electrician who installed the alarm if the previous wiring does not have a set up that increase the overall volume of the siren

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic