icon

2010 camry le

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
So my inlaws just purchased a 2010 Camry LE. Upon purchase the dealer asked if my inlaws wanted to purchased the alarm for a fee of course, which they declined. Well upon receipt olf the keys the sales person did a series of on off etc, horn honked and now its just a keyless entry.
Well I saw this post below
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~92380~PN~0~TPN~1
The brain is still under the dash, it is a pursuit alarm but I have no idea what the model is.
I wanted to ask the expert here if they would know what the do to re-activate it. Or if anyone has the install instruction and hopefully the series of stuff I need to do to repactivate. TIA.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 18, 2010 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
I've been installing Pursuit (made by Audiovox) for a long time, so if you can get some kind of model number, I should be able to help.
1. Go the brain under the dash and try to get a look at the sticker. Write down whatever you see there, but in particular if you see anything beginning with the word PRO...... like maybe PRO9233 or something like that.
2. Is there a red light installed anywhere on the dashboard that stays on steady? Or do you see any kind of extra pushbuttons or switches anywhere?
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply. It will take me sometime to get the info back to you since they are in CA and Im in AZ. In the meantime I found the install instructions for a 9232 so hopefully if it is a 9233 it will be close. I will let you know in a couple of weeks when I see them. Or maybe even sooner if he can figure it out. Thanks.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
The 9232 is an older version of the 9233 with a couple fewer wiring features....it should be pretty close.
But see if you can find the owner's manual as well. The install manual won't have the instructions to put it in and out of valet mode.
Anyway, basically this is what you're looking for:
--Newer Audiovox products have a fairly bulky LED, intended to be drilled into a conspicuous spot on the dash. The clear plastic portion of the LED also serves as a pushbutton, although it's not obvious until you try it.
--Older Audiovox products had the LED and valet button as separate parts. The pushbutton is black with a silver nut to mount it, and is intended to be drilled into the kick panel (by the driver's left foot) or under the dash somewhere.
--Don't be surprised if LED and/or valet switches are zip-tied under the dash somewhere instead of being drilled in. This could be an installer shortcut, or it could be that the Toyota dealer requested that no holes be drilled in the car.
Regardless.....
If the red LED is on steady, the unit is in valet mode and none of the security functions will be active.
To get out of valet mode, simply turn the ignition to Run, press and release the valet button, and the LED should go out.
At that point, open a window, shut the car off, close the door and lock with the factory remote. Give it a few seconds, then reach in through the window and open the door and see if the alarm sounds.
P.S. The alarm may be connected to the car's horn, or a siren may have been installed, or both.
You should hear one beep (or siren chirp) when locking, and two when unlocking.
The chirps can be turned on or off as desired. (It's possible they were turned off before, either by the installer or dealer.)
To turn the chirps on or off, do the following:
1. Ignition on.
2. Ignition off.
3. Press and release valet button three times.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic