icon

choosing sub, infinity 1600a, chevy s-10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdlwate357 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

I need a sub that can be wired in 2 ohm load, that will be sufficient by itself in the cab of a chevy s-10, that will beat to hell and back, and that 600 RMS from my brand new Infinity 1600a will work nicely. This is what I have to choose from .....

Rockford Fosgate P3D412

Boston Acoustics G212-44

Alpine SWR-1242D

JL Audio 12W3V3

Kicker CVX12

Infinity Kappa 120.9w

Rockford Fosgate P2D12

All 12" by the way. THANKS !!!!!

j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2010 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Is your s-10 a single or extended cab?
How much space are you willing to sacrifice?
The enclosure will be play a huge roll in the output and sound. Are you planing on building, having one built or pre-fab?
choosing sub, infinity 1600a, chevy s-10 - Last Post -- posted image.
mdlwate357 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2010 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  

single cab. I have a box with a 12" JL w3d4 behind the passenger seat now. It has 1.43 cubic feet of airspace and I can live with that, but that's it. The sub I hve now is shot.... I got it for $30 off C's List and it's crap so I'm ordering a new sub today and just wanted some opinions on which of the ones in question were the best as far as operating on it's own in a small cab p/u truck instead of in a pair. Also any specifics that someone may know from experience with one of these subs like... which one may be better for deep bass or tighter bass or  has great sound quality. Anything will help. I am placing my order this evening at 5pm so the sooner the better. Thanks !!!!

mdlwate357 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2010 at 7:48 AM / IP Logged  
Also, I am planning to build my own box as I always have. Hell, I've built most of the boxes in most of the vehicles here in Central, La. Any suggestions ????  The box I have now is a plain sealed box that is 11" deep at the bottom slanting to 3" deep at the top in order to allow the seat to recline. Is that a poor design ? What's the best type to put behind a bucket seat in a small single cab p/u truck ? Thanks !!!
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a table saw?
This is what I do for FUN!
mdlwate357 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
tablesaw....yes. I have a shop with all the good stuff ! I learned at an early age that a skill saw (aka circullar saw) is NOT the tool for the job. I just need a small box that allows the seat to have a slight recline to it. There's no question the seat will be pulled forward all the way, but I need to have that 15 - 20 degree recline. BTW.... I went with the new 2010 model of the JL w3 2ohm. It'll be here next Tuesday so I have a few days to plan and a couple to build. If I have  picture or a diagram I can build it ! So any ideas, links or advice will be greatly appreciated !!!!
j.reed 
Copper - Posts: 716
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2010 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  
With the amount of space available you could have shortened your list quite a bit. The JLw3 should work nicely. Good luck with your build.
choosing sub, infinity 1600a, chevy s-10 - Last Post -- posted image.
mdlwate357 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
W3 v2 is SLAMMIN' !!!! and believe me, I'm my own worst crittic and was not expecting such a powerful yet tight and clear bass from one sub. I mean... I always hear "one is enough", but never believed it. Always thought that's what people withonly one said, but ohhhh mama am I a believer ! Ofcourse it helps that my amp setting knobs are facing me so I'm able to adjust for each song if neccessary and that makes a huge difference, but anyway..... "All Hail the W3 !!!"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic