the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

SQ Sub Box for Eclipse SW6210

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing left to to draw in Inventor is the port which I'm not 100% happy with the placement but its the best location that I can fit it. The only concern that I have is that I read a post about a box that might have acted like it had two air chambers but I'll see what you guys have to say.
I'll post pics tonight or tomorrow and all I have to say is it's NOT SQUARE. lol
Dodge Magnum in progress:
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
agraves1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't personally ever hooked up one coil. I would assume that your power handling would be about half of what it was before or something close to that. I also was reading that it is recommended to to place a resistor in series with the unused coil.
I really am not 100% sure about that. I could definitely see the power handling being lower, but I am not sure about the whole resistor thing. I am sure one of the vets on here can chime in and help you out on that.
z03mz03m wrote:
Ok... now that im finish working 15 hour days durring the summer I can get back to my car and the now plentiful projects I have come up with. After re reading this post I have not felt confident in building my box to this subwoofer because of the design constaints like how I am mounting the amplifiers and how much space I am willing to give it in my trunk. So I am shopping for a subwoofer again. Somthing that will compliment the Exodus Anarchy 's that im also adding to the system.
So here are my requrements for the sub. I have 500w rms 2 ~3 ft3 MAX for a sealed or ported woofer that will hit hard in the 20~30hz range. I have looked at the Exodus shiva 12in but I would have to run only one of its vc because they are 2ohm and I don't know how acceptable that practice would be to a profesional :( ?
Ps. My amp is an eclipse xa1200
MECP Advanced
Make your life easier and buy a DMM.
z03mz03m 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Here it is finally! Constructive criticism welcome. SQ Sub Box for Eclipse SW6210 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
The XA4200 is on the left and the XA1200 is on the right and obviously the SW6210. The port is 3" tall and 4" wide and 26" long. I haven't re-calculated the volume including the port and probably a brace or two between the board that is under the amps and the base so I'm crossing my fingers that the port didn't take up too much room.
Perspective View
Home View
Back Home View
Port View
Open Bottom View
Base
Pioneer DEH-80PRS - PPI Amps - Dayton Subwoofer(s) - Exodus Anarchy's - Vifa Tweeters - Kinetik Battery
z03mz03m 
Posted: December 23, 2010 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
SQ Sub Box for Eclipse SW6210 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Well despite absurd amounts of time spent measuring I have two clearance issues that will make the box smaller, one at the front and one at the back of the mock up I made. Its not by much but enough that I am fed up with this design.
Pics of the mock up are on Picasa, just click one of the links above and look through the "New Sub Box" Album.
Soooooo...
stevdart wrote:

Everything points to a simple sealed box for best results.

SQ Sub Box for Eclipse SW6210 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
I guess I just had to learn my lesson the hard way.SQ Sub Box for Eclipse SW6210 - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Now I'm in the market for fiberglass supplies to make a sealed box on the left side of my trunk and an amp rack on the right. Another reason I'm ok with going sealed other than the relative simplicity is that I have completely underestimated the Anarchy's and am pondering a ported door enclosure...?
Anyone know of a cheap place to get a gallon of wax free resin and some mat?
I think I'll make a circle cutting jig for my router today for a change of thinking. If it turns out good I'll make a how-to post.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic