icon

2001 chevy blazer front seat removal

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hungry_eye 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 1:52 AM / IP Logged  
I am really stuck on this one, I need to remove the seats on my 01 chevy blazer (to run 0 gauge wire).  I was able to easily remove 3 nuts that hold the front seat in place.  There is one torx head bolt (45 size) that will not budge.  I am wondering if anyone else encountered this type of issue or if there is an old installers trick to remove the seat.  I am stumped here and would appreciate any advices/ help....
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 21, 2010 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.amazon.com/Kano-Kroil-Penetrating-liquid-KROIL/dp/B000F09CF4

Get under the truck and find the bottom of the screw and get this product on the threads of the screw, as close to the top of the screw as possible.  Also saturate the area around where the screw head touches the body of the truck.  Reapply every half an hour for a few hours.  Use a heat gun or hair dryer to apply heat to the screw, it may take 10 minutes if using a blow dryer. 

Let it sit overnight if needed.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic