driver priority unlock, two stage unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
florinel76 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 1:50 AM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I have a 2001 Honda Accord DX 4 door - basic edition which means that i don't have anything powered. I have to add actuators to all 4 doors to lock and unlock from the remote ( using a new Zenesis 502R AS - for who is familiar with the brand).
What I want to find is if I can i add an option to after market 2 wire actuators for a driver priority/two stage unlock if i have only one unlock (-) wire ?
Maybe using relays or something else ? If somebody can also explain how to connect them if it is possible?
Thanks.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
If you do not have a priority unlock output or 2nd unlock output you could always use an AUX channel to control the other doors. It wouldn't be a true priority setup but it would give the flexibility to unlock the drivers door by disarming or unlock the other doors by hitting the AUX. You could get creative and use the unlock output to latch a timing relay that would only allow the AUX function to work for the 5 seconds after the alarm outputs an unlock pulse.
Kevin Pierson
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2010 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kpierson
ok i guess i will use an aux channel ... i was thinking of that as an alternative. now on my alarm the aux channel has the following programming options : time pulse, momentary and latch.
I understood the first two but on the third the latch i didnt quite grasped it. it says " LATCH: once activated will run the AUX OUTPUT. you must press the corresponding sequence to deactivate the AUX OUTPUT function."
What i came up with was that in the latch option once pressed the aux button , the aux wire had (-) on it until i press it once more to stop ? Sorry i am not very familiar with the technical terms.
if yes than maybe a good option would be to use the time pulse and set it up for 1 sec which is sufficient.
BUT I like challenges and i wanted to ask about another solution. What if i will use a 5 wire actuator in the driver and then maybe i can attach a relay and connect the rest 3 2wire actuators to it?
the thing is that i need to learn more about 5 wire actuators and what all the wires are doing but it is somewhat difficult to find info about it.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2010 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
Read my answer to your other post and forget the 5 wire part, I explained all that to you before.
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2010 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
got it ... thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic