icon

full power, melting fuses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the_jeweler 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  

This is what i have going on. I have 3 rf p3's, audiobahn a2300hct amp, Big 3 upgrade (1/0 gauge), 160 amp altenator. My headlights STILL dim.  pretty bad too. I've also ran into the problem of melting fuses (100 amp fuses). when i did the big 3, the wire from my alt to my batt is fused @ 200 amps. and going from my battery is 4 gauge to my amp. If i turn my sytem up (141.6 wooohooo, (for about 1-2 seconds before somethin pops lol)_) Now, the questions that i have is 1. Will a kinetic hc600 help my system at all? if so i knw that will help with the melting fuses cuz i will have to upgrade to 1/0 gauge wire. and 2. is there ANYTHING else that i can possible do in order to keep my power going with my system? any and all help with be appreciated!!!!

Life is what u make of it so make the best of it
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry to ask but what (if changed) size is your battery ground? Also did you upgrade your ground to the engine block? Are you using an ANL fuse link?and what size is the fuse? Is your fuse block out of the hottest areas under your hood?  And yes the backup battery will help alot.
Chadillac
bloob 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
one potential reason for your fuse melting is a 4 gauge wire needs to be fused at 150 amps or you're starving the line.
the_jeweler 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  
battery ground is 0 gauge and yea i upgraded the ground to the engine block. anl fuse at 200 amps. and the fuse box is to the left on top of the wheel weld, no moving parts and no really a hot area where its located. and i cant find a 150 amp maxi fuse anywhere lol, would probably change that to anl too. so my next question is when i add the cap killer, do i run it parallel with my battery, or do i run the power to it and ground it to the chassis of my car?
Life is what u make of it so make the best of it
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
Run the power from the main battery to cap/or second battery, using rings/top post, then use a short run of power wire to the amp, chasis grd amp and also use same location for your new grd from cap/battery, be sure to clean any paint for clean grounds.
Chadillac

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic