icon

93 seville box bypass wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flynhawaiin 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
I have a Tuner Box Bypass Wiring Harness for my 93 Seville. I am wondering where I can get any kind of instructions on how to rewire my Seville myself or if I should just have a professional do it and be done with it?
topinstaller200 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  

70-1856 is the Metra part # for the tuner bypass the wires would obviously have to be extended as well as the antenna lead from the tuner to the rear of the car.

Your radio in the front is basically control box for the rear tuner. None of the wires plugging into the back of your radio can be used for the new radio. You have to run 12V+ constant, 12V+ ACC, and GROUND to new radio.

This really is not a car that should be worked on if you havent had prior experiece. If you had a Honda I would say "go for it"

I would recommend you bring it to your local stereo shop.

if you decide to do it yourself, let us know and we can help get you going. Good luck

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 14, 2010 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
That harness is really not that hard to install.  It should come with instructions. 
flynhawaiin 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
I have bought the wires for the bypass but it did not come with any instructions. I just called Electronic Express and they said they could install for around $50. That sounds like a pretty good deal, I was just wanting to be able to learn more about my car and try it myself but only experience I have is working with is installing stereos, amps, and subs. I dont want to mess up my computer wires in my Caddy too lol.
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2010 at 7:17 AM / IP Logged  
speaking from owning a caddy the wiring is techincal but it can vbe easy but you do need some piror exp. worrking with car to accomplish this . i own a 93 deville and the wiring is the same just a different body frame and if i can help you in any way send me a message. from hwat i remeber the antenna is pink and the igntion is yellow and the remote is green and the acc. is orange . a best way to test these wirtes is when you pull you factory radio out you need to test the main four wires, with the igniton off putt the red lead on the tip of the factory harness so it touches the inside of the connector and you use a different ground from the HU harness my fav spot is the door handle lol. any questions message me
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
flynhawaiin 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2010 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the detailed response. I was able to find a wiring diagram online of all the wires in the car. the only issue i have is installing the wires in my car and damaging my computer wires.
still_walkin 
Silver - Posts: 644
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 07, 2010 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
Take the glove box out screws are in the inside. And take the lower panel off (black) then you will have plenty space .what other issues u having
1993 sdv
Alpine 4x6 6x9 5 1/4 swr-10d4
alpine v60
12.5 VGA flip down
Nettop pc w/10" touch screen
78nova
5-re audio 5x7 ,10" sub &
Xtx-500.5
"Take the faceplate off get the jumperpack"
flynhawaiin 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2010 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
other issues are rewiring the entire car with the wiring harness bypass. i guess all i need to know is how to get started.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic