icon

raising a soundstage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
My system sounds good now ,nice clean natural sounding but the stage height is about at my h/u hieght in my 2003 ram 1500 reg cab.I am looking for some suggestions on how to raise the stage to at least top of the dash hopefully to the middle of the windshield.I am open to anything ,i want it to seem like midgets are performing on my dash
My front stage consists of the following
h/u : kenwood kdcx993
crossover/eq: arc audio idx eqx combo
mid bass: exodus anarchy 6.5's 100watts rms @4ohms mounted in nicely sealed doors will be running @ 70- 300 hz I(thanks again dyohn)
mids: xtant/morel xsc 4" 100watts rms @ 4ohms mounted in kick panels bandpassed @ 300- 2500 hz
highs : xtant /morel xsc 1.5" 50 watts rms @ 4 ohms mounted in kick panels xover @2500 hz
I have already tried messing with my crossover points and that helped a little.
Some thoughts ive had already: add tweeters to dashboard facing each other.
One tweeter or full range mounted in the center of dash in factory hole
2 full ranges mounted in factory holes near windshield.
Let me know what you have done to bring up your sound stage!!!
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
roadshop570 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2010 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
Like the midget soundstage idea,lol, but seriously a little more detail in what your missing? It sounds like you have all the midbass and tweet levels but not the mid-range, let me know so I can help.
Chadillac
spmpdr 
Copper - Posts: 456
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2010 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
roadshop570 wrote:
Like the midget soundstage idea,lol, but seriously a little more detail in what your missing? It sounds like you have all the midbass and tweet levels but not the mid-range, let me know so I can help.
Basically i'd like the music to sound like it is sourced at least at the top of the dashboard,preferable about mid windshield hieght and sound like it is coming from all around not just the center section.Right now in my truck you can tell sometimes that the sound is coming from below your listening position or it sound like it is coming right out of the h/u. Let me know what you think.
-A vision without a plan is just a hallucination-
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2010 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

Cut the floor and lower the seats........

Caver used to make what the called an Image enhancer (still have one), has a knob the you play with to move the soundstage.

If the Kenwood has digital time alignment, play with that............

The old days we wired the pass tweeter out of phase.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic