icon

best way to blow through

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dukesrebelyell 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2010 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
i have an older single cab truck that i want to build a blow-through or a cut-through whichever one you want to call it. i just am unsure on what the best technique is to use. do i want to make a fairly large rectangular cut in the rear of the cab and matching hole in the front of the bed, or would it be better to have a series of like 4" holes with tubing inserted into them.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
First do you have a bed cap, toneau cover,or fiberglass lid, and second what type of enclosure do you want are you lining the bed with subs or building a wall of speakers.
dukesrebelyell 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have a toneau cover for the bed. Its going to be a wedge shaped enclosure for 6 12's. My question is do I want to make a huge rectangular hole that's about 4x2 ft. Or would I want a series of smaller tube ports like 6 tubes 4"diameter. Which is the best method. I'm not worried about the box, I've got that end taken care of.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2010 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
The larger the opening the more sound you will get in the cab. What I have done in the past is use a plasma cutter to cut the bed and cab then use part of the sub enclosure as a sleeve to connect the bed to the cab make sure you caulk around the enclosure and the metal of the truck to prevent water from leaking in.. You will also want to cover the outside of the box with fiberglass resin to make it waterproof.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic