icon

remote start +a/c

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doc0399 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Well the help line was about usless I am going to have to chase the problem with a volt meter and see if the fuses are ok, I have another DNA modual from the orginal set up (I upgraded to two way remote).  can someone tell me again exactly what linse should be energized during remote start for AC fan to work.  I know the condiser is working because the light is on the engine fans are going and when the key is turned to run the A/C blows cold right away even when hot inside..
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

Double check the fuses in the remote start unit then, if they are all ok, use the DMM to test the trunks ignition harness.  Do all the checks at the ignition harness connector farthest from the ignition switch.

First check the wires in the harness to see which have +12v.  Theses are the constant or battery wires. 

Next, start the truck with the key and see which additional wires have +12v.  These are your ignition and accessory wires. 

Then turn off the truck and start it with the remote start.  You are looking for a wire(s) that had +12v in step 2 that no longer have +12v under remote start.

Here is what Bulldog Security lists as a guide on what to expect to find in the harness:

12 VOLT CONSTANT                                   RED (+)                                      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    

STARTER                                                     YELLOW (+)                               IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 STARTER 2                                                  N/A     
 IGNITION 1                                                   PINK/WHITE (+)                        IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 IGNITION 2                                                  PINK/LIGHT GREEN (+)           IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 IGNITION 3                                                  N/A       
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1       DARK BLUE (+) See NOTE      IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2       N/A       

NOTE  On some Full Size Trucks with Climate Control it may be necessary to connect (3) extra Accessory wires (PINK / YELLOW) and the DARK BLUE Accessory #1 to turn on the A/C Compressor

Being as this R/S unit is a factory unit, it should supply power to all necessary wires thru the custom ignition harness.  The install guide actually lists a check for proper operation of the HVAC system after install.  Ensure that it Is it the correct model for this truck.

Soldering is fun!
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
The dark blue and pink / YELLOW must be powered for the a/c system to work. The dark blue powers the blower motor and the pink / YELLOW goes to the a/c/heater controls.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
doc0399 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well i tracked it down.   There was a relay with a 30amp fuse that the manual never even mentioned so after consulting the place I take it to to work on my truck they said that looks like a fuse holder.  So I gess that why I had an extra 30 amp fuse left in the box.  Put it in started right up and was blowing cold then I put all the pannels back together and paid for my stall and left.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic