04 mazda rx8, dei 530t window vent issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ajm5291 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey all,
I have an 04 Mazda RX8 and a Python 990 and I put in a DEI 530T window module.
The window module works as it should: When armed it closes the windows, when ch 4 is pressed it vents, when holding ch 4 it rolls windows down, one touch works well for both windows, ect.
Here is the problem that doesnt look like it is suppose to happen and I dont like at all. When I unarm the vehicle the windows vent, when I push my trunk pop(aux) the windows vent, when I remote start the car the windows close all the way than vent.
I dont think the above problems are normal and it can obviously be a problem when it rains.
All the wires are hooked up corectly and the RED / white aux wire is hooked to channel 4 validity (non-linked) on the Python 990. The orange ground when armed wire is hooked to the orange ground when armed wire on the Python 990. I did not hook up the gray output during activation because there is no need to, I have no sensors.
My question: whats wrong and why am I having these problems. Nothing was done wrong unless those are unwritten features from DEI but I highly doubt it, unless DEI lives on the Sun w/o rain. lol.
Thanks in Advance everyone,
Alan M
abethebue 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: July 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
most of the newer remote start units iv"e installed with window modules role up when rmt start us the status out to open the ground when armed, if no programming available   on the red white wire disconnect from 530 t and meter ch4 when disarmed and popping the trunk to start isolating the problem
abethebue
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2010 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  
It should only vent when a second aux is connected to the grey and grey/black if I remember correctly.
Test alarm to make sure your aux outputs work independently, also if that RED / white goes to a relay, diode it.
ajm5291 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2010 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
abethebue wrote:
most of the newer remote start units iv"e installed with window modules role up when rmt start us the status out to open the ground when armed, if no programming available   on the red white wire disconnect from 530 t and meter ch4 when disarmed and popping the trunk to start isolating the problem
ok thats good info about isolating the issue. the words are a little jumbled for... the remote start us the status out...
ajm5291 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
It should only vent when a second aux is connected to the grey and grey/black if I remember correctly.
Test alarm to make sure your aux outputs work independently, also if that RED / white goes to a relay, diode it.
all outputs do work independently and all are set to validity and non linking as there is also seperate button sequences for accessing ch 2, 4, 5 ect off the remote. As for the grey/black and grey im not sure what you mean. neither of those are on the Python 990 that would have an impact (wait to start and hoodpin). can you elaborate please?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2010 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Orange on 530t connects to alarm's GWA (orange).
Grey (forget grey/black) on 530t connects to another aux for venting.
ajm5291 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 27, 2010 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
howie i dont want a separate channel for venting. it was suppose to all just work off one channel.
all the channels are separate and RED / white (trunk pop is not on a relay).
--alan
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2010 at 8:29 AM / IP Logged  
Two things, connect at the motor wires as near to the motor as you can,why did you use a 539, if you didn't need vent you could have used a cheaper 529t.
ajm5291 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
I did. literally with 1/2 inch before all the motors. also DEI recomends using a 530T for two windows for up and down functioning. the 529T does one window up and down or two windows down/up.
Finally i did want vent but it wasnt the #1 reason why i bought it.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2010 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
Its not possible to work off one channel since they require two different connections.. The Orange wire off the 530T is what rolls the windows up when you arm the alarm this should be connected to the Ground when armed (the problem you may run into is if the alarm is set to arm before remote starting its going to roll up the windows every time you remote start). The RED / white is the Vent/Down wire To vent the RED / white is grounded for under 3 seconds to roll completely down the RED / white is grounded longer then 3 seconds. The RED / white wire either needs to be diode isolated or is connected to the wrong wire. As a side note on my Viper 5902 I had a problem with the "Validity" out put on the aux channels it kept rolling the windows all the way down and not venting. I ended up connecting my 530T's ( I have 2 for all 4 windows) to my trunk channel. It works perfect (yes it rolls the windows up before remote starting which is convenient since I have the turbo timer switch installed for pit stops it rolls the windows up when I get out)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic