icon

02 escalade security light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
scinstaller 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2010 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
We have a 2002 escalade ext that we have installed an avital 4103 remote start system in with a PJLX immobilzer. Everything works great but here's the deal. When you start the car with the remote eveything is fine....until you put the key in to drive off. Once the transfer is made from remote start to key by hitting the brake pedal the security light comes on and stays on. Starting the car with just the key gives no light. And light does not come on while remote start is running. We have called Directechs and they had us double check a few things but later said they had no idea what was causing this. Has anyone ever had this problem? We have done many GM vehicles with no problem so this is a first.
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2010 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not familiar with the bypass you are using, but here is this link to a bypass I've used on this exact truck and works without the light coming on.
If the bypass you are using requires you to use a second key. The computer might be reading a different resistance when the key takeover takes place and even though its a correct value, the light will still come on.
This explains why it wouldn't happen if the alarm remote starts, or the key starts, because you are using a single value of resistance at a time.
scinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2010 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
The correct part number for the immobilizer is PLJX sorry
alarep5 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

The 2002 escalade should be a passlock II system.Which is a volt value requirement through the insertion of the key cyl sent to  the BCM.

When I get GM trucks in with a security light issue like this I have to dial in the Passlock III that I install in these.

Usually the passlock bypass is off by .06 or .09 or so.

The BCM will allow a .02 varience in the volt value, if the r/s bypass is off by more than .02 you will get a sec light on. It may even go into "tamper" mode where it will disallow starting completely.

No big deal, just let the car sit for an hour and it will reset. Or leave the key on in ignition position for about ten min and it will reset. (cancel lights and shut off everything else while key is on while you wait)

There are a few bypasses that are "self" progarmming or auto program, but I have had bad luck with those.

Try to find an Astro dealer and get a Passlock III installed. I have seen a couple of other brands of this same type of adjustable bypass but I don't know where to find them.

The only issue is that you prettymuch have to bring it to a GM dealer so they can use a GM tech 2 diagnostic tool to make the calibration.

OLDSCHOOL - If the wire is there,...use it.
scinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

So ALAREP5

If I followed you correctly basically what you are saying is that we need to try another immobilizer bypass? We have used the PLJX DEI part numerous times with no problem but I guess no two vehicles are the same. I told the customer that we would get another bypass and try it. This vehicle has a few peculiar things about it that I would like to mention as well.

1. The ignition key is a GMC key not a cadillac key. I know. Shouldn't matter cause it's just a badge.

2. The vehicle would actually start sometimes WITHOUT the key in the switch and WITHOUT the immobilizer hooked up.

3. The starter works flawlessly other than the security light coming on.

P.S. I have no clue what you are talking about when you say that you have to dial in the passlock III. I have never heard of this. Is there somewhere that I can get more info on this subject?

scinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Also wanted to reiterate that the security light does not come on when remote starting. It does not come on until after putting key in ignition and placing foot on the brake then the light comes on. I would think that if the bypass was at fault that it would either not start at all or would throw the sec light when remote starting. Just wondering.
scinstaller 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
never got to the bottom of this. The customer has been driving the vehicle with no problems except the security light coming on. She has been patiently waiting for us to find the problem. We have her vehicle here today and have removed the PLJX and replaced it with an XK06 module. Guess what same problem. So does anyone have a clearcut answer for this?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you have energized BOTH ignition wires and BOTH accessory wires? Are BOTH accessory wires energized AFTER the start sequence?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  
I just did one of these and i just used the permenant bypass method with the correct value resistor soldered across the passlock wires.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
This will fix your problem. On the ground while running (the trigger for the bypass) BEFORE the bypass (passlock module) connect a relay. From the GWR go to pins 87, and 86. Ground pin 30. 85 goes to the pink ign. wire on the steering column... THIS WIRE needs to have a diode inline. blocking end towards the relay.
The issue comes from NOT using the second ign. wire on the passlock module, OR from not properly grounding the module to the body of the truck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic