icon

manual door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM / IP Logged  
Sup fellas, I got a 350 plus most of the way installed in my 08 Frontier. I want to set up the alarm to go off only when the doors open. I was good to go until I thought about forgetting to turn off the alarm prior to manually unlocking the doors. My truck is manual everything, windows, locks, tranny..etc. That being the case, do I have any options to disengage the alarm while manually unlocking the doors with a key? Either way, to achieve my goal, which circuit is the most ideal to use to engage the alarm upon door opening? I was thinking of tapping into the circuit running the dome light, being it is that it energizes when either door is opened.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image.
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Battery GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Ignition 1 WHITE/ GREEN (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Starter 1 GRAY (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. All Door Trigger BROWN (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image.
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Domelight Super BROWN (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. LF Latch GRAY (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. RF Latch LIGHT GREEN (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. LR Latch PINK (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. RR Latch BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Alarm Disarm GRAY (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Alarm Arm LIGHT BLUE (-) AT BCM MODULE BEHIND DRIVERS SIDE OF DASH ABOVE PEDALS BEHIND DIAGNOSTIC CONNECTOR
manual door locks - Last Post -- posted image. Parking Lights GRAY (+) IN HARNESS IN DRIVER KICKPANEL

Note for all door trigger reads: TO AVOID DOMELIGHT DELAY USE INDIVIDUAL DOOR TRIGGERS AND DIODE ISOLATE EACH WIRE

ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2010 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanx Non-idi
This is what I do for FUN!
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Allriighty then....I get about a 1/2 hr a night with a flashlight to work on this. I am positive about every move made so far and may have a very stupid question. The 350 plus install guide notes read: "Never interrupt any wire other than the starter wire".. I presume that means it is the only wire that has to be cut and spliced into in series. In which case the two corresponding leads of the relay hook to each cut end of the starter wire... Starter interrupted, now the circuit reconnects through the relay. Which is controlled by the control center. Right or wrong...?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2010 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
Yes.
ianarian 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2010 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
YeS!!!   Thanks,   Armed!