icon

2006 buick rendevue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
northern 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
We did an install on a 2006 Buick Rendevue today, the autostart works flawless but the one issue we have is that when you remote start the vehicle the "replace park light bulb" comes on in the dash. When you stick the key into the ignition and hit the brake pedal the light goes out. I explained this to the customer but he would prefer that the light did not come on at all.
When the vehicle is not running and you turn the park lights on the light does not illuminate at all so this is clearly an issue when the vehicle is running.
We hooked up both accessory 1, accessory 2, ignition 1, ignition 2 and of course the starter wire. Any ideas?
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 27, 2010 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
where did you pick up the parking light wire?
brown?
the only thing i can think of, if you tapped the brown wire, is that the bcm is seeing power when the light blue from the switch is not supplying a ground to bcm.
This information is provided only as a reference.
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
I grabbed the brown wire at the center console, second plug from the left( i believe this is the BCM)I use Autostartusa.com for wiring information but I also have astrochart.
91stt 
Posted: August 28, 2010 at 1:48 PM / IP Logged  
Try grounding the light blue from the switch while at the same time powering the brown wire. The only reason I can see that may be causing the problem is the bcm seeing power on brown while the switch is off. There are 3 wires that are involved in the parking light circuit from the bcm. Light blue from switch, brown between bcm & lights & gray between bcm & relay. You can also try applying ground to the gray wire only. I don't have the wiring diagram in front of me right now but I can post it up layer tonight if you would like it
All circuits should be verified with a digital multi-meter prior to making any connections.
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
New development. When the vehicle is parked in the shop( the light in the dash will NOT come on)(because the automatic headlights come on because it is semidark)
Now when the car is parked outdoors or in the sun, the light in the dash will come on.
I will check your suggestion 91stt and get back to you.
racing_bidule 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2010 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Use only the (-) light blue wire from the switch.

The positive you send on the circuit while it's turned off is really what causes the problem, the BCM monitors the ground feedback through the bulbs, if it's missing it warns the driver about parklight circuit failure. Once the circuit will be powered up through the BCM everything should be back to normal.

If you fail on your first attempt, at least destroy all evidence you tried!
91stt 
Posted: August 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  
northern wrote:
We did an install on a 2006 Buick Rendevue today, the autostart works flawless but the one issue we have is that when you remote start the vehicle the "replace park light bulb" comes on in the dash. When you stick the key into the ignition and hit the brake pedal the light goes out. I explained this to the customer but he would prefer that the light did not come on at all.
When the vehicle is not running and you turn the park lights on the light does not illuminate at all so this is clearly an issue when the vehicle is running.
We hooked up both accessory 1, accessory 2, ignition 1, ignition 2 and of course the starter wire. Any ideas?
I misread this post. At first I thought you went to the brown wire because the parking lights would not come on with the ignition off. After rereading your post and what racing_bidule said, I now realize that you meant the warning does not appear. If the parking lights work with the ignition off, use the neg light blue wire only. No need to wire up both.
northern 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2010 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  
Yep. Blue wire took care of it. Thanks both of you for your time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic