Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
VirtuousE 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

I hope someone can help me...

Issue 1

door locks do not work when I use the viper remote, I get nothing. If I unplug and plug the door lock wires in the brain, I can hear and see them engage, but when I press the button I get nothing.

Issue 2

When I press the remote start button, I get remote start error and nothing happens.

At one point they both were working, but not at the sametime...Tested the door locks and everything was okay. Then I added remote start, the remote start worked but no door locks. Now I'm at the point I don't have door locks or remote start.

Do I need to configure the brain to Auto transmission? and do something for the door locks...

Note: Door locks still work with the factory remote when I unplug lock wires from the brain...

Any help would be appreciated.....Could a low battery cause all these problems??? At this point I'm fishing or do I have a bad alarm brain.

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2010 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
1. Double check your wiring. Also make sure the alarm is in the correct POLARITY of the locks, in this case (-) pulse.
2. Yes this alarm needs to be programed to AUTO trans. remote start. Also the "neutral safety" switch needs to be ON. And no (-) on the Hood Pin switch. Program Menu 3, Menu item 1, Set this to option 2 (auto trans) Program the tach while you're at it too.
3. Low batt can cause the RANGE issue. But I would try to reprogram the remote to the alarm first before I consider the faulty brain.
If this is a refurbished alarm. The install manual can be found here on the site under the "downloads" link on the top bar. Search for "viper 5901"
VirtuousE 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks this should help me solve  issue# 2----->2. Yes this alarm needs to be programed to AUTO trans. remote start. Also the "neutral safety" switch needs to be ON. And no (-) on the Hood Pin switch. Program Menu 3, Menu item 1, Set this to option 2 (auto trans) Program the tach while you're at it too.

Issue #1 still seems to be a problem...--------->Double check your wiring. Also make sure the alarm is in the correct POLARITY of the locks, in this case (-) pulse.  I'm getting nothing when I press the buttons on the remote. When I plug the lock wire in teh brain the door locks go crazy in the truck...I'm stuck..I have double check the wire several times...do I need to do anything special for my truck it it has the anti-theft system ---Thanks icearrow6

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
POWER LOCK      PINK / YELLOW (TYPE B)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE,
POWER UNLOCK      PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE B)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE
The KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE is located high in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL against the FIREWALL.
Is this where you are taping in to for the power locks?
VirtuousE 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  

icearrow6 wrote:
POWER LOCK      PINK / YELLOW (TYPE B)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE,
POWER UNLOCK      PINK/LIGHT GREEN (TYPE B)      @ KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE
The KEYLESS ENTRY MODULE is located high in the DRIVERS KICK PANEL against the FIREWALL.
Is this where you are taping in to for the power locks?

Yes, at one point it was working flawlessly then it just stop. Could I have switch a setting on the brain by mistake to prevent the locks from working? Or is it a setting on the remote that prevents the locks from working?....It's weird???

VirtuousE 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
do i need a relay to get the locks working in the truck? I'm going to take a second look at everything tomorrow.
VirtuousE 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

Update...

All issues have been resolved...

Remote start...change setting to AUTO...Remote start works like a charm

Door locks issue...LOL...inserted the door locks plug into the wrong port....LOL

Thanks...for the help

unbwogable21 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2011 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
Lol, I just did the final wrap up on my 5901 (taping the harnesses together, mounting the brain, etc), and couldn't figure out why in the heck my locks were screwed up. Google search, and then the VirtousE comment popped up. Turns out I plugged the door lock harness into the BitWriter port. Switched it, and it's fixed. Sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I had to give props

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic