viper 5701 how to know the latest version

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
megatfauzi76 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2010 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Hai,
I plan to buy viper 5701. After i read in this forum..looks like the first batch viper 5701 got problem...and the problem fixed when directed release the second batch..rite? How to know..which one the latest ( second batch )? Any indication?
Thank You
cdc54 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
I am wondering about this also. I bought one online and the remotes aux button only say aux they don't have a circle around the aux like Isee in every picture.
Can someone confirm what the new remotes have as far as the aux button.
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a refurb Viper 5701 back in November and I guess it was the first batch cause the remote and the brain weren't communicating with each other.  This was the problem with them.  I sent it back and they sent me another one and all is well. The pack date was 11/02/10.  The other one I sent back had a pack date of 8/26/10.  Hope that helps.  And about the remote, the aux button just says aux, no circle or anything around it.  The button above it is a circle.  It's actually a timer. Maybe that's what u saw
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

IMHO, I wouldn't recommend the 5701.   To me, it's cheaply built, especially the remotes.  I like Viper but I think the quality is going down.  Im old school, I still think the 791xv is great.

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
On the newer units the control center is a single entity, there is no seperate port for the led and the valet switch, this is the easiest way to recognize it.
tony_g 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2011 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
i bought a refurb unit and it works great, it was supplied with the newer control centre and to date no issues with comms at all, although when i installed it i did go through the procedure of deleting both remotes from the system and re-learning them just to make sure the were linked to each other. as for the aux button my 1way has the circle around aux and the 2way just has aux printed on it. as for the date code mine was in 09 so it would have been one of the recalls but from what i read somewhere dei reflashes the newest and most up to date software and replaces any parts that were known to cause issues which i believe also includes the old control centre/antenna module. the only thing you realy have to watch for is the options menu may have been locked out which would need a bitwriter to unlock it and allow programming. i bench tested mine and tricked it into thinking it was hooked up correctly to make sure i could access the programming before installing and it was all good. so far it has not let me down

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic