1995 saturn door lock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
clg66 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2010 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I just installed a new pp500 and so far so good (mostly). my problem lies with the door locks. i have the unlock and lock wires tied to the driver door key lock cylinder. the reason that i chose this circuit is because its unique to the door locks, it feeds to an interface which allows me to either unlock the drivers door with one turn of the key and then all locks with another turn of the key within three secs. of the first turn. so i proceeded to wire the lock and unlock  wires to these lock and unlock circuits. those two wires were all that i connected at first and when tested it it did nothing at all. so i reread the manual and noticed that their was a wire that was supposed to be connected to the wire that was common between both circuits so i connected this wire to the part of the key lock cylinder that acutally turns thus closing either lock or unlock circuit contacts. now all doors will unlock with either a double press of the unlock button on my remote or alternately if i program the alarm for double pulse. this is alright but i would like to have the extra measure of saftey that the driver key lock provided. I called scytek and the tech suggested  that perhaps the first turn of the key is actually mechanically unlocking the driver door and that the second turn sends the signal to unlock all. i hope not and i cant tell by looking at the service manual, although the key cylinder diagram does show normally open contacts for the door lock and unlock with the key acting as the switch. if i have to i can wire a relay to make it work right but like i said i was hoping to use the oe circuit. does anybody know how this circuit actually works and if what im looking to accomplish is even possible without resorting to an extra relay? if anybody could give me some pointers that would be great.

ps the connector for door locks has one common wire for lock and unlock, one lock, one unlock, one unlock normally closed, one lock normally closed. am i using the right wires?

calijtee1 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2010 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
you ned an extra relay you gotta seperate the driver from the passengers , drivers priority . you cannot use the stock configuration, ive tried it too . if it was a gm vechicle like say a truck, yeah you can keep it in tact like that...its super easy to add a relay . and with the scytek alarms its kool because you dont need to program double unlock because everytime u press unlock it sends a pulse.  let me know if you need a diagram on how to do it just shoot me your email.
installers do it best. we got the magic hands!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic