icon

2007 sierra upgrade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
07gmcguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 2007 gmc sierra slt(new body, bose system), factory navagation, onstar, sub, amplifier, and rear audio controls. I'm getting ready to upgrade the system.....I'm replacing everything but the head unit. For front and rear speakers Ive got jl audio zr 650csi and c2-650x. For subs Im using 2 jl audio w1v2, a jl audio xd600/6, and an alpine pxe h650 system integration processor. My question is......do I need any special interfaces or harnesses for everything to continue to work properly (onstar, warning chimes). I'd like it to work just as it did from the factory...just sound a bit better! Ive also not been able to find a wiring diagram so any help there would be great also! Its been sometime since I replaced a sound system in an auto..technology sure has changed!!!! Thanks for any help!
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2010 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
Are you not adding a four channel amplifier to the system? The only reason I can see to spend $450(retail) on a factory integration processor is to clean up the sound to a 4 channel amp while retaining a factory amp.Everything should work as far as the onstar and navigation if all you are using from the factory system is the factory subwoofers signal those should not be affected.
07gmcguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
im using a 6 channel amp (xd600/6) to replace the factory amp. the only part of the factory system i'm keeping is the head unit. thanks for the reply
djrankin004 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2010 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry didnt recognize the amp model number. I think Ive done two trucks in the last week around that year where we bypassed the amp. Neither of these were equipped with onstar or nav but I dont see any reason that that should effect your install. Good Luck

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic