zensis alarm goes off on hot weather

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
florinel76 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hi
I have installed couple of months back a new alarm.
I have a 2001 Honda Accord DX and I have installed a not so common alarm here is US. I have a Zenesis ZN-502RAS.
I was able to install the alarm successfully and i didn't have any problem with it.
Most of the time the car was parked under a carport and it never got so hot inside. However recently i had to park my car on the street and there is no shade. And then it started happening. My car alarm started go off for no reason. I would go and disarm and rearm everything would look ok only after 10 minutes it would do it again.
also on my 2 way remote display it was showing that the door was open. Of course there is no door opened or anything but that would seem to trigger the alarm. And i started thinking what might be the cause and started doing experiments till i figured it out that when it goes over 100 F the alarm goes off. The alarm has a thermometer attached to it that can show the temperature in the car If i want to check it. This way I noticed that every time it goes around 104-105 it starts the alarm.
I would like to know if this is something that has to do with the door trigger wire or is a problem inside the main computer? If somebody has any suggestions or ideas about what can be done or what is causing this to go off please help me.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  
So we don't need to guess, tell us all where you tagged your door pin(s) from?
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2010 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
So we don't need to guess, tell us all where you tagged your door pin(s) from?
I am sorry, I hope I understand your question correctly. I have connected the door trigger wire (-) to the fuse box in the passenger side as it is said on this diagram for Honda Accord 2001. Is this helpful ?
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2010 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
So nobody has anymore ideas in this matter? That means that this is not such a frequent issue with car alarms.
Ok i will wait for some input.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
How did you test the door trigger wire you have listed? Did you use a Digital multi meter?
I don't show the same on my info! I have dk. grn./orange, same location.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 24, 2010 at 7:51 AM / IP Logged  

If you are confident that door pin is causing the false alarm disconnect the door pin from the alarm and see if the problem goes away.  If it continues to false you have a bad alarm, if it fixes the problem then you have an issue with the wiring in the car.

Kevin Pierson
jcs091570 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2010 at 4:33 AM / IP Logged  
It is a remote chance...but I am thinking if you have a faulty connection or loose connection at the door circuit that when it is hot inside the car, the heat is causing an expansion of that connection thus creating a trigger. This would be especially true if you used a t-tap or cheap butt connector. Just a thought...
florinel76 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Kpierson
Thanks I will probably try first to disconnect from the door trigger and see what happens next ... as you said if it does it it's the alarm if not must be something else maybe with the connection of the wire ...
KarTuneMan
In my alarm the door trigger is shown as (-) and GREEN color, Inside my car which is as I said above the door trigger is BLACK/ WHITE also (-) and is located in the passenger fuse box.   
jcs091570
Well in case i find that it is not the alarm than I will follow more into pinpointing the problem inside the wiring. as I told to Kpierson.
Thanks all for input

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic