icon

xpressalarm in 2000 corolla

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Could you possibly show a photo of your OBD ll socket, wire side, also known as data socket.
mechanicalhobby 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the comments about the photos. I know a picture can say a thousand words. They really help when needing the finer details and to where wires are etc.
I use a standard digital camera and use photobucket to host them and then embed them in with the text I type. Howie, I'll PM you my email and I can defiantly show you how I'm doing it.
Here is a picture I just took of the OBD II socket, wire side:
xpressalarm in 2000 corolla - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.
I have an OBD II Reader so that I can pull codes, but no codes have come up with the vehicle yet. But it's great for checking the sensors and other things on the vehicle to make sure they are running nicely.
mechanicalhobby 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2011 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I deliberately tried to avoid a China made device. I thought EZ-65 would be good, as the contact details provided were in Georgia, US. The business I bought the kit from is about 1.5 hours from here which I bought this online. It seems impossible to get products made anywhere else but China these days, and I know a lot of their products are cheaply made.
For the ignition wire, thankfully I never cut the ignition. The instructions I found are very vague. The only wire I've cut so far is the Starter Wire and put the Relay in between Starter Wire so that the Starter will cut out once the car is started with Remote Start. I ignored most of the Remote Starter and Relay wiring in the kit's instructions and got that information from a thread somewhere, off a fella who installed a similar kit in his Skyline. I also managed to learn how the Relays work and tried to make sure it was correct before wiring. Taken me nearly 2 weeks all up to instal this kit as I've checked over everything many times and compared to many threads for different models and kits. All that is required for the Remote Starter itself is wired, and so far it starts like a charm.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2011 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
You don't unfortunately have tach on that plug.
The 2 rules of thumb are:
If the instructions are vague, don't touch it!
What sort of tech. back-up is there?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic