icon

oldsmobile silhouette pass key iii

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bpopilek 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2010 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
OK, so I decided to start installing a remote starter on my new 2003 Silhouette today. I ordered the parts the other day via eBay, and they arrived in the mail yesterday. I am using an Avital 4113 Remote Start unit and a DEI 555G Pass-Key III bypass module.
As of right now, I have the remote start in and it's working perfectly as long as I have the key in the ignition. so far so good! Now I left with trying to wire in the 555G bypass module. I cannot for the life of me find the correct wiring colors I need to complete the install!
I have the steering column cover removed and I can visibly see the PK3 transponder ring with 5 wires coming out of it. There are (2) purple wires, a BLACK/ white wire, a pink, & an orange wire. I am trying to determine which one is the Data line and which one is the ignition wire. Since I need to cut the ignition wire in half, I don't feel like cutting the wrong one by accident! Also, I am trying to confirm that the Key Sense wire is the light green one.
Can anyone help me out with the right color codes? I have spent the last 2 hours looking and can't find it. I don't really want to use a 555UW bypass modules, I have used them in the past and it was a royal pain to get it just right. I wanted to use this since the module learns my key code and I should be good to go. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading!
There are 2 rules to life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.
bpopilek 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2010 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
OK, so I ended up finally finding a post about a Buick Rendezvous and I found the color codes for the Pass-Key III in it.
Purple = Data
Pink = Ignition (Cut this wire)
Lt. Green = Key Sense
So, now my remote starter is in and works perfectly! I do have one last little issue that is more of an annoyance than anything.
When I lock the doors via the factory key fob, and then remote start it, the horn honks once before starting. If I do not lock the doors, it does not honk during a remote start. Is this due to the fact that the factory arm/disarm wires are not connected to the remote start brain? If I hook them up, will the horn honk stop? Thanks!
There are 2 rules to life:
1. Don't sweat the small stuff.
2. It's all small stuff.
Mark Mizenko 
Copper - Posts: 460
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2010 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, do FAD (factory alarm disarm)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic