icon

2010 armada

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
I know this is going to be a very stupid question.  I'm at the point of a r/s install where I have to do the relay wiring under the hood for the IPDM.  How exactly is the relay wired in?  Am I supposed to cut the wires that come out of the plugs and connect the relay where they go into the plugs, or am I supposed to just tap into them, or am I supposed to cut and connect where they go into the vehicle?  The diagram(oh crap, sorry, it's an XK09 bypass module, pg 4 of the install manual)  just shows where the pin locations should be.  On that note, the starter wires appear to be in the correct location, but the neutral wire doesn't  It's in a different plug.  This has the regular blade key with the transponder in it.  Not the intelligent key/fob.  Thanks for the help.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
For another install guide, go to Fortin and download the Vehicle Specific Install Guide for the CAN-SL2 : https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/nissan/armada/2010/  Page 3 has the diagram for the Armada.  You should use your DMM and verify the Neutral Safety wire as per the chart.   No cutting, just remove some insulation and solder it into the circuit.  Use a sealed relay and protect it from the weather.
Soldering is fun!
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

kreg357 wrote:
For another install guide, go to Fortin and download the Vehicle Specific Install Guide for the CAN-SL2 : https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/nissan/armada/2010/  Page 3 has the diagram for the Armada.  You should use your DMM and verify the Neutral Safety wire as per the chart.   No cutting, just remove some insulation and solder it into the circuit.  Use a sealed relay and protect it from the weather.

That's what I needed!  Thanks.  I see I am/was making it harder than it really is.

97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  
Stuck again.  Truck attempts to start, but doesn't.  Dash LED comes on solid when it attempts to start.  I've programmed the bypass module 3 times.  The thing I notice is the guide on the website says it needs 2 keys for programming.  The install/programming guide doesn't say anything about using a 2nd key for programming.  Just one.  I'm using the 9NISS2_030 firmware.  I've checked the wiring at the ignition harness again and under the hood.  CAN Lo/High are correct also.  Any help will be GREATLY appreciated again.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Ugh. I know this ain't helpful but after looking at that install guide i sure am glad we use Idatalink...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

Are you going D2D or W2W?

Try a module reset first.  Also double check that the 20 pin connector is plugged in right-side-up.

Soldering is fun!
97gss 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2010 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
Got it straightened out earlier.  I used the wiring diagram for the IPDM for the QX56 since the BLACK/ red was in that particular plug.  I thought about changing the firmware and contacted bypasskits and they told me to try the PKN3 firmware and wire it to match.  That fixed the problem.  Just had to remove the relay for the LED and connect the pink wire for ignition.  I meant to post about it earlier, but I was tired.  I did W2W for everything.  Thanks for the help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic