the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what order are the sub,amp,and deck?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
check the polarity of your subs, one of them could be reversed ( out of phase). if they are out of phase then you would hear an improvement just by unhooking one sub.
without seeing exactly how you have it set it is also possible that you need to turn up the knob that says LP. it should be around half way up maybe even 3/4 depending on what its range is.
it is also possible that you have the bass turned down at the radio.
and what are these "speaker adapters" you speak of? you talking about bass blockers? that's what it sounds like from your description. if that's the case you really dont need them at all because your radio should have a its own high pass filter in the settings menu.
crewxp 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2010 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Okay. I will do that after work today. I have a feeling its just an issue of settings on the amp hopefully. I will post back after I check them.
But I found out that the 'speaker adapter' I was talking about is called a crossover that goes between the tweeters and the radio. I had that hooked up to the actual speaker...stupid. You said it isnt needed, but hopefully its still okay to hook it up to the component (i call it tweeter), as that thing was hard to shove down in its hole.
I noticed one 'tiny' problem today though. When the radio was on, I heard a clicking sound when music was playing coming from the speakers. When I paused the cd, the clicking sound still clicked. I didn't have long to play with it, but I hope its nothing serious.
Other than the clicking problem and bass tuning, thats it! Im glad its all finished and hope I can fix these two quirks soon.
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
ok, the crossover is necessary. the clicking sound could be anything. i too have a jvc but its their top of the line unit and i even have a clicking sound coming through the speakers, but its so low i dont worry about it, if yours is loud enough to bother you with the volume past 1 or 2 then it could be something else.
soundnsecurity 
Posted: October 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
so, what's the verdict?
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic