icon

07 infiniti g35x with avital 4113

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing an avital 4113 with an Idatalink ads-al ca in an infiniti g35x sedan with PTS.
I have a few questions regarding the installation.
1. Is the idatalink port equivelent to or even compatible with the avital D2D port?
2. If so is it 2 way compatible with the avital?
3. What exactly is the 2-way communication feature that the idata link has?
4. How exactly is the neutral safety switch wired in this vehicle?
5. Are there any other wires I should diode isolate that aren't mentioned in the manual?
If anyone could answer any of these questions that would be greatt!
Also if anyone could throw me any tips or suggestions I would greatly appreciate that also.
Thank you!
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
D2d isn't captable with the avital or dei for that matter. Have to wire it by hand
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
i've done D2D/dbi many times with idatalink and dei products. as a matter fact, my wife's '07 Grand Caravan has a Viper 5701 with an iDatalink FLALL connected to it D2D/dbi for a bypass. i put it in last winter and have had no problems whatsoever
also, follow idatalink's vehicle specific sheet to a 'T' and you should be fine
edit: but be warned, D2D/dbi is still fairly new and may have some problems so if you do it and have issues, then be prepared to wire it up W2W
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 12, 2010 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  
1. I don't think so. At least, the plugs don't even match.
2. N/A
3. I think what they mean by 2-way is that not only can the remote starter send information to the module, but the module can send information back as well.   For example, the remote starter could command the module to open the trunk.......or on the other hand, if someone breaks into the car, the module could "tell" the alarm that the door has been opened so it can set off the alarm.
4. As long as the underhood relay is wired correctly, the remote starter will not be able to start the car if it's in gear.
Are you wondering about what to do with the Avital's small BLACK/ white neutral safety wire?
If it doesn't have a ground on that wire, the remote starter won't work at all.
Your options are A: connect the BLACK/ white to one wire of the included toggle switch, connect the other wire of the toggle switch to ground, and leave the switch on.......or B: ground the BLACK/ white directly and omit the switch altogether---but then you can't disable the remote stater if you ever want to.
5. See the white 4-pin plug with the little short pigtails on the Avital? Those wires are shared with the unit's onboard relays, and therefore rest at positive.
Any of those four wires you would use (probably the thin purple and the thin pink), I would put a diode inline before connecting them to the car.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

While I haven't tried it, D2D is possible with the iDatalink modules and DEI remote starters.  Two things are required. 

Make sure you select and flash the module with the DBI-AL(DL)-NI firmware and use the ADS-HRN DBI cable to connect the
remote start to the ADS module. Here is the D2D cable sales description from iDatalink:

ADS-HRN DBI

Designed to eliminate multiple analog connections between iDatalink modules and popular aftermarket devices, the
ADS-HRN DBI provides 2-way data connection via one single wire with most DEI brand remote starter and vehicle
security devices. Product sold as 8-pack.

Download the correct iDatalink install guide ( currently at #4304 ) and follow the Type 4 install directions. 

Soldering is fun!
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  

in the install manual it shows me the neutral safety relay wiring for under the hood but in small pring by each plug it say murano. id it the same for the infiniti?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
sean11901 wrote:

in the install manual it shows me the neutral safety relay wiring for under the hood but in small pring by each plug it say murano. id it the same for the infiniti?

I haven't notice that in the install guide before.
However, the majority of PTS Nissans have all the same electrical components. 2007-2010 Altima, 2007-2010 G, 2009-2010 Maxima, the new-style Murano…….and a couple more I can't remember because I'm still having my morning coffee.
Anyway, the only differences in the car is the component locations and the wire colors.
I'm pretty sure that if you wanted to, you could remove the BCM from behind the instrument cluster on a Murano, plug it into the passenger kick panel of your Infiniti, maybe pay the dealer to reprogram it to your car, and it would/should theoretically work.
Anyway, what I'm getting at is that even if the company made a mistake in its wiring guide, or you downloaded the wrong guide by accident, it's going to be pretty much the same for your car anyway.
As you can see in the diagram, the wire listed as "neutral safety" should only have positive during Neutral and Park. If the car is in gear, that wire doesn't get any positive power, and therefore the relay doesn't engage, and therefore the car's starter doesn't engage.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
As has been mentioned before with Nissan PTS cars, it is good to familiarize yourself prior to install with lots of info.  Compare Fortins' install guides to DEIs' to iDatalink.  They are similar, but some contain pictures and diagrams that will help and alternate points to obtain certain wires.  Here is a nice guide from Fortin :  https://ifar.ca/download/2576/evo-all_infiniti_g35_g37_(2007-2008).rev-e.pdf 
Soldering is fun!
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

thanks you everyone!! i also have 1 last question.

according to the idatalink instructions i have to connect the (+) igniton output ( pink heavyguage?) from the remote start along with the igniton output (pink)from the idatalink to the BCM black plug, possitive ignition wire which is red.

do i have this correct?

there will be no backfeeed problems or anything of that nature by putting 2 wires from 2 different modules to one ignition wire?

sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
also when it says (-) ignition, starter, ect.. from remote start that means i am using the satelite relay wires since they put out a (-) signal correct?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic