icon

hard wiring pioneer into '02 silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
richard3467 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
Need wiring diagram for Pioneer DEH17, so I can install into 2002 Silverado 1500.  Already have wiring diagram for vehicle.  Prior owner cut out stock harness out of Silverado.
Richard
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~41507
That's a start. Of course you need to double check those wire's with a DMM. If they have no voltage with the ignition on. Then attempt to pop the speakers with a 9V battery across the wire pairs of each speaker to confirm each speakers location, and polarity.
With ignition off test with a DMM for your constant 12V+. Ground the ground wire directly to body metal behind the radio. And for 12V+ ignition you will need to look under the steering column for a 12 gauge brown wire which tests when the ignition is in the accessory position.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  

I am pretty sure that the 02 has a switched wire.  Following link should help with the radio.

https://www.the12volt.com/request/request2.asp

richard3467 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2010 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  
This will be very helpful.  Thank you.
Richard
richard3467 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
Just installed DEH-17 into '02 Silverado with wiring diagram, and I'm not hearing anything through the speakers.  While wiring stereo it seemed like there is an extra set of wires for the speakers.
Richard
i am an idiot 
Posted: November 19, 2010 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

There are 2 gray wires in that vehicle.  Did you make sure you got the gray speaker wire and not the gray illumination wire?

The gray illumination wire is only a few ohms to ground.  If you are lucky and that radio has decent protection, it may be in protect because it thinks you have a grounded speaker wire.  If the radio does not have decent protection, you may have already taken out the output chip of the radio.

richard3467 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
I think I may have done that very thing.  Would the illumination wire tie in with the accessory wire or could it stay disconnected.
Richard
i am an idiot 
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
If the radio has an illumination wire, and you want it to light up when you turn your lights on, you should connect the radio's illumination wire to the grey wire that shows 12 volts when you turn on your lights.  If you want the radio to illuminate when you turn the key on, you can connect the radio's illumination wire along with the radio's switched wire.  If the radio does not have an illumination wire, you should insulate the vehicle's grey wire so it does not touch anything.
i am an idiot 
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
I just noticed the model number of your radio.  I doubt that there is an illumination wire on that radio.  Determine which of the grey wires is the illumination wire and insulate it. 
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
does your truck by chance say "BOSE" anywhere in the truck like on the doors?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic