icon

sub amp cutting out.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
66sportfury 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
[QUOTE=roadkilll]Since your lights don't dim, it's probably not your battery/alternator.
Since the amp cuts out only at high volume, it's unlikely to be related to the remote wire.
        my amp would cut out on high volume. it turned out to be the remote wire. added a relay and it was fine after that.
      ac delco am radio and sparkomatic 40 watt sound exploder
      roadkilll 
      Member - Posts: 6
      Member spacespace
      Posted: November 28, 2010 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
      66sportfury wrote:
      [QUOTE=roadkilll]Since your lights don't dim, it's probably not your battery/alternator.
      Since the amp cuts out only at high volume, it's unlikely to be related to the remote wire.
            my amp would cut out on high volume. it turned out to be the remote wire. added a relay and it was fine after that.
          The amp drained enough power to sag the voltage in the remote wire? And it did that before dimming the headlights or dash?
          66sportfury 
          Copper spacespace
          Posted: November 29, 2010 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
          roadkilll wrote:
          66sportfury wrote:

The amp drained enough power to sag the voltage in the remote wire? And it did that before dimming the headlights or dash?

yes, it would shut down at volumes 20/35   22/35 is where the lights would dim. 30 of 35 the lights dim drastically and slows the car down on bass notes due to the alternator turning on and off,

roadkilll 
              Member - Posts: 6
              Member spacespace
              Posted: November 29, 2010 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
              66sportfury wrote:

yes, it would shut down at volumes 20/35   22/35 is where the lights would dim. 30 of 35 the lights dim drastically and slows the car down on bass notes due to the alternator turning on and off,

Interesting; I always wondered if that could happen. It just shut off (as opposed to going into protect mode), right? Do you think it was caused by your head unit not getting enough power to be able to share between the remote wire and speakers?
              66sportfury 
              Copper spacespace
              Posted: November 30, 2010 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  

Interesting; I always wondered if that could happen. It just shut off (as opposed to going into protect mode), right? Do you think it was caused by your head unit not getting enough power to be able to share between the remote wire and speakers?[/QUOTE]

that's been awhile i don't rightfully remember. i think the protect light would tuned on for a second then that's it no lights. also my remote wire wasn't putting out the full12/14 volts,

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
              This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic