icon

urgent, compustar 2w8000fmr

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

Did you do anything else under the hood while you were jumping the car or messing with the alarm?  Sounds like it could be a mass air flow sensor issue.

Do you know where the alarm is connected to the tach signal?  That would help quite a bit. 

Kevin Pierson
camarosource 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  
Update: Case of non-working Remote Start - FIXED.
Called up a local Installer (Staub Electronics, in Richmond BC, Canada) and they were VERY helpful and knew exactly what it was the moment I explained the symptoms.
He explained that the alarm went into a default mode to a 99 second start delay timer, which is used for diesels (Option 8)
I changed it to OFF and it now remote starts without any problems.
While the rev still persists, it does seem that its completely coincidental and is not related to the alarm.
The car is perfectly fine (idles at 1000rpm). But the moment you touch the gas it immediately starts right to the 2200-2500 mark and while driving that means you coast at 60km with your foot off the brake.
I called a mechanic and over the phone, he had me gun the pedal and it idles right down to 1000 again. Touch the gas and it jumps to 2200-2500. Gun it (idling) and it drops immediately back down.. Something sticking..
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry if I missed it (i skimmed) but do you mention what make/model/year of the car in question?
camarosource 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
It's a 1992 Camaro Z28. 5.7L, V8, auto.
2W8000FMR
CM3000 brain
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
Not a Delco reset issue (power lost; needs to reset idle-air & speed etc)?
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2010 at 6:59 AM / IP Logged  
IAC shouldn't hunt that high after a power fail, thats kind of dangerous... Although I've seen worse on some Fords but with bad parts.
I would guess either a failing or sticking IAC. 1000rpm is kind of high of an idle to begin with, you can start by checking the throttle body for some buildup. Pull the induction tube off and see if the TB is all gummed up. If the engine is racing that high like that it has to be getting extra air from somewhere.
Does this happen on warm engine, worse on cold engine?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic