the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 infiniti i35 remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Nuffstylez 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2010 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  
Okay guys, I installed most of the alarm, I hooked up the trigger wires and everything needed to get the remote starter to work.  It got late and too cold to do the door locks and trunk pop.  Remote start works fine.  But I have a problem with the alarm itself.  The one way pager is working, but the two way isn't.  I checked everything.  The antenna, the connections, and all the setting on the remote.  The 2 way is giving me a error when I try to do any of the functions like it's out of range.  I also deleted all of the remotes and try programming them back but only the one way would program, the two way wouldnt. I heard there was a issue with this model before and they fixed it.  This alarm is a refurb, not sure if that has anything to do with it.  Is it just the alarm or should I check something else.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2010 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

unplug all power harnesses, wait 30 seconds and plug back in.

that either solves it, or you have a defective remote. I had this problem as well when installing for my friends subaru (search clifford 3.3x)

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Nuffstylez 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
okay, it turned out to be a defective unit, got it switched and all is well, remote works.  But now I have another issue, the car battery keeps dying on me every day or two.  The battery is only 6 months old and the battery only started dying when I installed the remote start.  What could it be?  It died also with the defective unit but didn't think nothing about it cause I didn't drive it after i installed it.  Thought it went low when I was installing.  I just hooked up the remote start, the door triggers, hood and trunk triggers.  Didnt get a chance to install the door locks or the trunk pop.
Nuffstylez 
Posted: July 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry to bring this old post back up but I finally finished hooking up this alarm and i must say, you alarm installers out there deserve every penny you charge because alarm installations are not easy at all and very time consuming.  I will never be hooking up another alarm, I will leave it for the pros.  I got everything set up but have two questions.

1.  When I pop the trunk, nothing happens till I do it again.  I read up all the posts about this issue.  This one seems like my problem. https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=88884&KW=nissan+factory+disarm   I have the factory disarm wire hooked up to the unlock wire also.  What else is there for me to do?  I tried all of the settings on the alarm and none of them helped.

2.  I hooked up the comfort closure feature.  (cool feature)  When I arm the system, it works as it should (the window will go up).  But If I get out of the car and it passively arms (arms after 30 sec by itself)  the windows doesn't go up.  Why is that and is there a way I could fix this?  I have it set up to closure 1. 

Nuffstylez 
Posted: July 27, 2011 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
okay, I tried KarTuneMan method with the two relays he talked about in the other post I linked and it didn't work.  I really want to try Chris Luongo's method but the trunk switch is in the door, and I dont want to have to go through the door molex again.  It took me 4 painful hours to pass the lock and unlock wires from there.  Do I just have to live with it or is there another way??  I am a perfectionist and would like it to work with one press.  Also if anyone has any ideas about the comfort closure issue Im having as per the post before.  Thanks
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic