WIRE      COLORS     LOCATION
12 VOLTS CONSTANT     RED     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
IGNITION 1     PINK     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1     ORANGE     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
STARTER     YELLOW     IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
PARKING LIGHTS     BROWN     DRIVERS KICK PANEL HARNESS to the REAR
DOMELIGHT     GREEN/ BLACK & LT. BLUE ( - )     SEE NOTES *1 & *2
PWR DOOR LOCK     LT. BLUE     EITHER KICK PANEL *3
PWR DOOR UNLOCK     WHITE     FACTORY KEYLESS (TYPE A)   W/O FACTORY KEYLESS (TYPE C)
TRUNK RELEASE     BLACK/ WHITE (+)     @ BCM *2
TACH SENSOR     VIOLET/WHITE (AC)     @ ENGINE HARNESS *4
BRAKE     WHITE (+)     @ BRAKE SWITCH
HORN     GREEN or BLACK ( - )     @ STEERING COLUMN
FACTORY DISARM       N/A     
FACTORY ANTI-THEFT      TYPE     PASSLOCK II
NOTES:
*1 - The GREEN/ BLACK is located in the lower driver kick panel. It catches the driver door only. The LT. BLUE is located in the passenger kick panel and it catches the passenger door. Tap both wires and diode isolate each. Also found at the BCM.
*2 - The BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the left of the steering column above the driver kick panel.
*3 - On vehicles without keyless entry, locks are 5 wire (type C) and are mastered from the passenger side switch. On vehicles that do have factory keyless, the locks are positive trigger (type A). Also found at the BCM
*4 - The engine harness is found next to the battery, below the radiator hose, just above the transaxle.
My question is probably kind of silly, but I figured it couldn't hurt. If I just wanted to remote start this vehicle only, without using the power door locks via the r/s remote, I wouldn't need diodes for anything would I? If so, the only thing I'll need for this is a passlock 2 bypass module?
Thanks in advance
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Being as you need a Passlock2 bypass, get a DEI DLPKGM bypass module.  It will do everything for you ( door lock / unlock, trunk, tach, etc ) with a lot less wires to connect.  About $35 "online".  Here is a link for more info  :  http://www.xpresskit.com/product.aspx?productid=125
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic