icon

first time to fiberglass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tylerseefe 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
i am making custom kick panels for my dodge dokata and i have the shape made out of mdf and i know that i am suppose to stretch fleece over it and staple it but after that i am confused do i just put resin or do i put resin and hardner with it or do i put fiberglass mat with it? please help any help with be greatly appreciated
agraves1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I haven't fiberglassed all that much, but I believe you go over the fleece with your resin/hardener mix. Then after that you add your layers of mat.
The first time I tried it I searched "how to fiberglass" on a search engine and it came up with many step by step how to's...
MECP Advanced
Make your life easier and buy a DMM.
z03mz03m 
Copper - Posts: 244
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
Read the can of your resin and see how many drops of hardener to mix in compared to the amount of resin. I recommend using a plastic measuring cup that you can get at any hardware store near the paint section. Then apply resin to the fleece and let it harden. then apply several layers of fiberglass saturating each layer with resin.
Before you do that i believe you should read this.first time to fiberglass - Last Post -- posted image.
Then watch this.first time to fiberglass - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic