icon

2010 nissan sentra

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
domeniclopresti 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2010 at 11:27 PM / IP Logged  
Quick question, I am installing a Clifford 20.7 2 way remote start, and I have everything hooked up with the evo-all, everything seems to be working great so far except for two things, the siren and the rear defrost.
We wanted to have the siren for lock / unlock, and since this unit has a - horn output, I decided to hook the brown horn output wire to the ground on the siren, and the power wire to constant, thinking this would cause the siren to chirp, it is not, not sure what I am doing wrong, I was sure I hooked it up this way before.
Also, I want to hook up rear defrost, but I am unsure how to do this. The wiring diagram I have says the rear defrost is light green at the climate control switch, and that it is negative. I metered this wire and it has continuity to ground but when I test it, it always has 12v, even when the car is off, but it switches voltage from 0 - 12 as I hold down the switch to turn it off. Can someone tell me if this is my wire, and how to wire the relay, as in:
Thank you so much in advance, this car has been very tiresome and I am at my witt's end!
Dom
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2010 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Also, how do I know whether to make the 2nd status wire pulsed, latched or to mimic status output wire. Thank you in advance for your help, I have read several different articles but can't seem to understand what to do for my current situation. Thanks.
Dom
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
the horn out put is low voltage to drive a relay, this will not work as a direct plug in for the sien. attach the horn out put to 85 and 86 to positive, ground your siren and connect the positive of the siren to 87, 30 to positive. as for your defrost wire, looks like you need a pulse...same set up, 85 to the alarm control wire, 86 to positive, 87 to the defrost wire and 30 to ground.
expandable sound
south of boston
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM / IP Logged  
I actually hooked the 12v side of the siren to constant, and the other side to horn output and it worked fine, I only need it to chirp with the door locks / unlocks, thank you for the relay advice with the defrost, i will definitely try this out!
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2010 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Wondering if anyone can help me with the rear defrost on this car, I finished the install and just ran 12v, ground, 2nd status to behind the climate controls, waiting for the relay pin out
Can anyone tell me how to pin the relay, 85, 86, 87, 30? Also how do I know to set the status out to latched, pulsed, or constant ground? Thanks.
Dom
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2010 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  
Hooked up the Fortin evo-all in this car, when I put in the bypass, everything worked correctly with the exception of the parking lights, and the alarm led, the bypass tells you to interrupt the alarm led wire, and hook up two wires to it, when you do this, the left turn signal stops working, so I didn't touch these wires.
The parking lights do not turn on when you remote start the car, also weird, I metered the white wire (parking lights +) coming off of the dei harness, and nothing, when I hit unlock and or remote start, the wire sees no voltage, this is not common, is it?
Also, still waiting on some advice on the pins for the relay for rear defrost, and what to set second status to, thanks!
Dom
domeniclopresti 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 3:16 AM / IP Logged  
Can't seem to get anyone to reply to my threads ever, not sure if I'm doing something wrong, does anyone know the pinout for rear defrost on this car and if it is constant / latched / pulsed output? Thanks.
Dom

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic