icon

2006 jeep commander with idatalink module

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sean11901 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 9:13 AM / IP Logged  

i am installing a remote start in a 2006 jeep commander with an idatalink FlCAN module

i am wiring it in W2W btw.

there is 2 wires that i am a little stumped on this is what they are:

GREEN/ Black- Lock/Arm (-) INPUT

Blue/Black   - Unlock/Disarm (-) INPUT

now what i dont understand how the module knows if i am conecting the disarm or unlck wire from the remote start t this??

i know that on this vehicle the factory alarm disarm is activated by the (IGN, keysense wire) which is the MUX wire (correct me if im wrong) that requires 8500 ohm for keysense.

so knowing this should i hook up the factory Alarm Arm wire from the remote start to the GREEN/ Black wire - Lock/Arm (-) idatalink input and connect the Power unlock from the remote start (4113 avital) to the Blue/Black- Unlock/Diisarm (-) INPUT to idatalink module..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have one more question whic is regarding the parking lights on this vehicle.

the (-) parking lights on this vehicle says (CAN Data Bus) (Use hazards)

how should i hook that up?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!!!!!

ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Connect GREEN/ black from avital to blue/black of Idatalink. Then connect Purple wire (-) 2nd starter turn on output from avital to GREEN/ black of the Idatalink.
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      WHITE/ DARK BLUE TO WHITE TAN (-)      AT STEERING COLUMN MODULE AT STEERING COLUMN      
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  

ceasar326 wrote:
Connect GREEN/ black from avital to blue/black of Idatalink. Then connect Purple wire (-) 2nd starter turn on output from avital to GREEN/ black of the Idatalink.
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - )      WHITE/ DARK BLUE TO WHITE TAN (-)      AT STEERING COLUMN MODULE AT STEERING COLUMN      

ok i understand the disarm but could you explain the reason why you would use the (-) starter wire on the avital to trigger arm/lock?

sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  

BUMP^^

does anyone else have input on this for me?

ceasar326 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
It would disable the oem alarm. It's going to unlock then lock right away after it starts. Had to do the same on a 2010 avenger.
sean11901 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

ceasar326 wrote:
It would disable the oem alarm. It's going to unlock then lock right away after it starts. Had to do the same on a 2010 avenger.

ok thats what i needed to hear, thank you!! and from there the factory FOB doesnt get locked out while the cars running right?

ceasar326 
Posted: December 11, 2010 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
No u should be fine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic