icon

viper 5902 weird remote start / disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thetaz01 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a couple years ago, a viper 791xv remote start and it worked flawless remote start and all..

I recently upgraded to the Viper 5902, and very meticuliouisly matched wire for wire and was able to with very little re-wiring hook up the new system to the old hookups by checking the colors and matching everything up..

All works fine, HOWEVER, ON OCCASION, if i remote start my truck, and shortly there after hit the disarm button, the system shuts down the truck and immediately restarts it...

i am thinking this as got to be a wire i missed or a setting since i never had this behavior with my 791XV..

Please any help would be awesome..

Also Just a side note..
Nothing big, just a slight annoyance, to integrate the system with my door locks, and door trigger, i used the xpresskit for my truck, also purchased when  iinstalled my 791xv, if i immediatly arm my alarm after getting out, i get the Zone bypass, due to I am assuming the light still being on..

So my way around this is i wait a couple seconds before arming, which is a pain in the butt, is there any way to rectify this??

Thanks everyon for your help

Fred

zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2010 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
you can turn off that door trigger error in the programming. and as for your dying thing. did you program tach on the new unit?
start the vehicle with key and right away once it starts press and hold the programming button on the antenna until the light turns on solid.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
thetaz01 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2010 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  

Int he programing of the Alarm im assuming you mean not the Xpresskit Interface, correct??

Ill have to look back through the programming options, and by turning off the DOOR trigger error beep thats not going to BYPASS the door sensor all the time right, just NOT error beep on it.. correct?

and I did program the tach, FIRST thing i did... I will go through it again, but it does start properly, NO over crank or anything..  and it runs fine, i have the run time set for 60 mins.. it will run fine, but ON OCCASSION its not even all the time..

When i click disarm, it kills the engine, and IMMEDIATELY restarts... ?? :-/ very weird i dont understand it..

But i will try and re-learn the tach..

KingVinnie 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 25, 2011 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ever figure out the RS problem. I have the same thing going on. I have a 5901 w/xk09 on a 09 Sierra. Been working flawless for about a year. Now "on occasion" maybe 1 out of every 5 remote starts it will shut down and then restart itself. Some times it happens on disarm, some times on door open, sometimes on its own with no interaction. Been happening for a couple weeks now.
KingVinnie
geekepunk 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Installed a clifford 50.7x(same as the viper unit) on a 2000 S-10 a year ago and have the EXACT same issue regarding the remote start--turns off and on with disarm/arm occasionally. I've tried lots of tricks and re-programming etc to no avail.
As for the install, i used an idatalink bypass for passlock and tach, double checked wiring, used a bitwriter to program etc.
I'm starting to wonder if it's maybe a glitch and not necessarily programming or wiring?
1998 Mercury Sable GS
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2012 at 5:56 AM / IP Logged  
I know that its very tough to diagnose due to it being so infrequent, but if you can test, try to see if any of the shut down inputs are getting a stray signal. Check the brake, hood pin, and neutral safety wires. Those are the only inputs that would cause it to shut down. If neither of them are seeing any stray signals then it is an internal problem. As a temporary test of the hood pin input, you can disconnect the hood pin connection and see if the problem stops.
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic