icon

disarming factory alarm on 05 durango

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gcarterh 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an Autostart 2-way remote start/entry system on a 2005 Dodge Durango, using an Omegalinks bypass module OL-MDB-ALL. Everything works fine except when remote starting the vehicle, at times the factory alarm will go off immediately (even though the vehicle starts) and at other times the factory alarm will go off about 20 seconds after the vehicle is started and running. I called Omega's Tech Support line and was told I needed to hook up the keysense wire to eliminate this problem. However, when I did that, the problem still persists. I'm beginning to think there is an actual problem in the factory alarm system because of the time delay before it goes off sometimes. Unlocking the doors with either the factory remote or the remote start remote WILL kill the alarm if it has gone off or will prevent it from going off so I told the customer to remotely unlock the doors before he remote starts it but the Autostart unit has a feature that pulses the doorlock after the vehicle is started and that rearms the alarm and then it goes off after the time delay. Anybody had this problem before? Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Glenn
resquchas 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2010 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
that vehicle may have a wire that disarms/arms the factory alarm and is seperate from the door lock/unlock. if so then is it a double pulse from the door lock that is arming the factory alarm.
The RIGHT way is the ONLY way.
gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged  
All the information I can find says this vehicle arms & disarms with the OEM remote only. Since the bypass module converts the aftermarket remote signals to the same type of signals the car is designed to respond to, it seems to me that the disarm pulse the remote start gives out before it starts should disarm the system. But the problem persists.
GLENN
Glenn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

what are you using to trigger your key sence?

doing the key sence, try (using relays) also triggering at the same time ign. 1, and 2.

this should all be done with a signal that pulses BEFORE any of the remote start is activated.

there is ground pulse before, ground while running, and ground pulse after.... see what I mean?

Only chrysler would use so darn many pink wires.......

gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

I was told by Omega Tech Support (via a message left on my answering machine) to connect the key sense wire and that should take care of my problem.  However, they didn't say what to connect it to.  I figured the key sense wire normally goes to ground whenever the ignition key is inserted into the ignition switch, thus causing the annoying ding, ding, ding.... whenever you have the key in the ignition and open the door.  Since I am trying to simulate the action of starting the vehicle with an ignition key, I hooked up the keysense wire to the 'ground out when running' wire coming from my remote start unit.  I also have a wire from the OL-MDB-ALL bypass hooked to this wire but I kept them apart by using diodes on each one.  I tested the wire and it goes to ground before the ignition wires even become live, just as it would if a person was starting the vehicle with a valid key.  But the problem persists.

GLENN

Glenn
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

you didnt test if the keysense was (-) or (+)? just assumed it was negative and connected your gwr to it....

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  
why not just use disarm to unlock, before remote start, and - start to lock (using a diode)
That will unlock right before remote start, and relock right when it cranks. i've had to do this on a few chryslers when using an flcan bypass.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.
gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  

I didn't assume anything about the keysense wire.  I always bring up at least 2 different websites for wiring on a vehicle when I'm installing a remote start, sometimes 3 and even a 4th one if I need to.  That is after I run the VIN to make sure what make, model and year vehicle I am working on.  In this case, both of the websites I referred to listed the keysense wire as being negative so I went with that.

GLENN

Glenn
gcarterh 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
Well, I could do the unlock before remote start and that would be fine.  However, the remote start I installed automatically gives a lock pulse after it remote starts and I believe THAT is what is rearming the system and after a few seconds the alarm goes off.  Unfortunately, this unit does not offer a way to turn that feature off.  I may have to install a relay that cuts the lock input wire during the remote start so it won't relock the doors.  Funny as it sounds, my customer has told me he would prefer that the doors were unlocked when he wanted to get in and drive off.
Glenn
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

what are you using to trigger your key sence?

doing the key sence, try (using relays) also triggering at the same time ign. 1, and 2.

this should all be done with a signal that pulses BEFORE any of the remote start is activated.

there is ground pulse before, ground while running, and ground pulse after.... see what I mean?

Only chrysler would use so darn many pink wires.......

You also need to trigger the ign. bypass..... what ever it may be!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic