compustar rf p1wg4 900 on 2006 civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kshah2k9 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

Hi All,

Last week I got a compustar rf-p1wg4-900 remote starter installed on my civic and it worked great for 1 day, the next day however nothing worked. I took it back to the shop that did the install and they fixed it. The tech working on the car said all he had to do was unplug a big wiring harness from the "brain" of the starter and plug it back in.

This worked for another day, and happened again, so i unplugged the harness and plugged it back it and it worked again for a day and then the problem returns. The shop is about an hour away and i was hoping someone here could tell me why this is happening and maybe have a fix for me to save me the hour drive.

in case it matters, i have a 2006 honda civic lx 4dr with automatic transmission

thanks

tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
If it fully works and then stops and all you are doing is cutting the power "resetting it" then you should have the alarm brain replaced.
Gary Sather
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
where did you get it installed ? you have a weak/poor ground. this causes the unit to cut out
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
kshah2k9 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

tonanzith wrote:
If it fully works and then stops and all you are doing is cutting the power "resetting it" then you should have the alarm brain replaced.

That's exactly what i'm doing. Should i contact Compustar or go back to the shop that did the install? The install was done at Extreme Auto Care in Orleans Ontario Canada.

kshah2k9 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  

tedmond wrote:
where did you get it installed ? you have a weak/poor ground. this causes the unit to cut out

If i wanted to check/fix that myself, what would i do?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  

dont mess with it if you had it installed by a shop, it will void your warrenty...UNLESS you carefully look at how it was put together.

just off the main large gauge harness there is a black wire, that is the ground. Make sure its connected to a chassis ground.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
TooDark 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
There will be a solid black wire connected to metal of the car. Make sure wire this is connected it is make a solid ground to the car and any paint has been removed.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
If you purchased it and had it installed at a shop DONT touch it. Take it back or your warranty is indeed VOID. THEY should swap out the brain for you.
Gary Sather

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic