Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluealtezza 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
References: Operator Manual
Installation Manual
I have a RS-4G2 module (xpresskit DLPK bypass module and transpoder bypass relay installed) and it seems to be operating correctly in a 2008 Chevy Cobalt. Upon hitting the start button on the remote, the car attempts to start and then cuts out very quickly with the result being the car did not start. (The car does take a few seconds to start with the key)
The first thing I wanted to try was to increase the crank time - option 18 (from the default of .8 to at least 1.2). Unfortunately when I enter the programming mode (valet switch and lights correspond to each button press) and change the option via the remote - I get no light/honk verification and the option does not change upon putting the key in the OFF position. (I also tried to change option 15 since it is an easy visual indicator if the option did change via the remote.)
The other thing I'm wondering about is the fact that the system does not attempt to restart the engine after the first attempt. If it doesn't start the first time, it should try twice more and then quit - so the manual says. It never does this, and it never gives any LED indicators that there was a problem.
Any help is greatly appreciated - trying to get this car wrapped up
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
The only time I had problems programming a Crimestopper was when I hooked up the purple brake wire to the constant side of the brake instead of the switched output. When I was testing things out by testing my connections I noticed I wasn't pushing on the brake and there was 12 volts there. I corrected the issue and I didn't have anymore problems with programming after that. Double check your brake wire, maybe you are having the same problem.
Also the brake is used as a shutdown. So, if that wire does have a constant 12volts on it, the starter would shut down after attempting to start and not try to start again thinking the remote start was aborted by the brake pedal. Maybe thats why there is no 2nd or 3rd attempt...
bluealtezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the tip - I'll definitely take a look at that part of the wiring
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
If the brake is hooked up to a 12v wire the starter will not even get to the point of cranking before it shuts itself down. It will shut off immediatly. You can try running a tach wire. altough that should'nt be neccesary with a rs-4g2. Did you check all your wiring on the DLPK?
ayalja123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Like pumpin cavi said i would check your bypass wiring. I'm thinking your factory security is stopping it from tring again
bluealtezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
The DLPK went through the programming procedure correctly so I'm fairly certain that is all okay.
I'll try to verify the brake wire voltage on Sunday and if that isn't it I'll just have to get the meter and wring out every connection again
bluealtezza 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2011 at 10:22 AM / IP Logged  
The brake wire was wrong, so that was good.
Now the problem is that the security light stays on, prohibiting the remote start module to start the engine. I went through the programming of the DLPK and according to the manual it programmed itself correctly every time.
Should I try a different bypass module?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic