icon

2005 dodge ram, viper 5701

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
onemoosehorn 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

Quick question everyone, I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that I am installing a viper 5701 in. Im good on most of the wiring except the parking light resistors. I need to know what the resistor size is. Is it 250, 330, or 590ohms? Im finding different answers when im searching. Im not using the headlights for the fact of my hid's. Just want the parking lights to work for remote start, lock and unlock, etc.

Also, can anyone clear up how many ignition and accessory wires this truck has that i need to use? From what I understand:

H3/1    Pink-                       Ignition

H3/3   Orange-                  Acc

H3/7   Pink/white-             Ign 2

So, can I use H3/8 Pink/black flex relay as another ign, or do I have to connect the rest via the Remote Start Output connector along with relays?  I have a wiring diagram from this site along with a couple other sites and they differ a little.

Thanks everyone

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Should be a 330ohm and you will most likely need to break the wire with a relay so the headlights dont turn on as well. That truck should have 2 ign wires pink/green and pink/white as well as 3 acc wires blue and 2 pink / YELLOWs. There should be 3 pink / YELLOW acc wires. You need the 2 that do NOT come on when the key is in the back position. Does your starter have a negative acc output, or just the status out?
onemoosehorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  

On the Remote Start Output connector? It has an Orange, RS Accessory (-) 200mA output..

onemoosehorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

So something like this:

H3/3- Orange to Blue Acc of truck

Remote Start Output connector- Orange RS Acc (-) to 2 relays for the 2 pink/lellow Acc wires on the truck?

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  

Here is the 2005 Ram 1500 info from AudioVox:

Battery             RED                   (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  

Ignition 1        PINK/WHITE      (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 Ignition 2        PINK/GREEN     (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 Accessory 1   BLUE                   (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 Accessory 2   PINK / YELLOW    (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS   See Note 
 Starter 1         YELLOW                (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Note:
THIS WIRE WILL TURN ON THE ABS LIGHT IF NOT POWERED UP FOR REMOTE START. THERE ARE TWO OF THESE WIRES,
USE THE WIRE THAT DOES NOT SHOW 12VOLTS WHEN THE KEY IS IN THE ACCESSORY POSITION. 

For a successful remote start install, you will need to locate, check and verify all the ignition wires

with a DMM, as these are only guides.

The Viper has a Flex Relay output that can handle one extra ignition wire.  It comes defaulted to IGN2
and can be changed thru option programming to ACC2 or Starter2. Leave it at IGN2 and use it for the trucks
Pink/Green IGN2 wire.  The ACC2 wire will be powered by an extra relay and inline 20A fuse using the Vipers
(-) 200mA Accessory Output as follows:

Relay Pin 86 and Pin 87 to +12v constant thru 20A fuse.

Relay Pin 30 to vehicle ACC2 wire @ ignition switch.
Relay Pin 87A not used - insulate.
Relay Pin 85 to remote start (-) 200mA Accessory Output.

Assuming the Audiovox info in correct, the H3 heavy gauge harness would go like this:  

Viper                                                                                                                                        Truck Ignition switch

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT                                                                           to Pink/White
H3/2 RED / WHITE (30A) FUSED IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87                            to Red
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT                                                                                  to Blue
H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)        to Yellow - cut truck side
H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE)            to Yellow - cut switch side
H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT                                                                  to Red
H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT                                              to Pink/Green
H3/8 PINK/BLACK FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side of FLEX RELAY                           Not Used
H3/9 RED / BLACK FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT                                  to Red
H3/10 N/C N/C 

The Red +12v constant wire at the ignition switch must be capable of suppling to current needs of the Viper.

Soldering is fun!
onemoosehorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 07, 2011 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks kreg357, that's exactly what I was looking for and how I have it wired up right now on the "kitchen table". Just wanted to make sure before I started installing tomorrow on the truck.
Thanks for all the help everyone!!
onemoosehorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, after searching and reading more about the accessory wires on this truck, can someone who has installed a RS in one of these trucks tell me exactly how many acc wires I need to hook up? I have H3/3 orange going to the blue in the truck, and a relay from the RSO connector, orange (-) acc output, to the pink / YELLOW that is NOT powered with the key in the acc position. Do any of the other pink / YELLOW need power also? I am reading different answers with the different diagrams I have.
Thanks all.
onemoosehorn 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
Ok, after searching and reading more about the accessory wires on this truck, 2005 dodge ram 1500, can someone who has installed a RS in one of these trucks tell me exactly how many acc wires I need to hook up? I have H3/3 orange going to the blue in the truck, and a relay from the RSO connector, orange (-) acc output, to the pink / YELLOW that is NOT powered with the key in the acc position. Do any of the other pink / YELLOW need power also? I am reading different answers with the different diagrams I have.
Thanks all.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2011 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
best practice is to replicate exactly what the key does.
A DMM is a beautiful thing.
MECP Advanced Installer Certified.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic