viper 5901 and xk09 factory remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awesomo 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
2009 HHR LT2
I have a factory remote start and the performance from the keyfob's has been lackluster.
Just for the sake of being clean (And have less for them to bitch about if the dealer ever notices, the car is still under warranty), I would like the viper 5901 to start my car via D2D via the XK09 which would be connected to my databus. I have read through the installer guides and the XK09 says it supports triggering the factory remote start via a D2D connection. But I can not find one word even hinting the 5901's D2D connection will allow this. The only module I can find is the XK202 which adds the ability to use Viper Remotes with your factory alarm and remote start.
Now, because my main issue is with the distance of these fob's it may be an option for me, HOWEVER, if I don't get the distance through the buildings I work in, I will purchase a VSM200 module to be able to use my cellphone for remote start, which requires a 5901 (or a few others, I chose the 5901)
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 14, 2011 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
your dealer ship can not refuse you warranty service just because you have a piece of aftermarket equipment installed.
They will have to prove that without a doubt that is the cause of the problem before refusing service
if they refuse before looking at it then take to the manufacture
awesomo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
I know that, you know that, the dealer knows that. I'd still rather tap the factory remote start via the databus to not have to even enter that situation of the dealer refusing service. I can't find anywhere in the viper 5901 installer guide talking about sending the remote start commands via D2D to the XK09 to start the car.
Does anyone know if this is possible?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
why not just add an Xpresskit GM 2-way Range Extender kit??
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
awesomo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 15, 2011 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
Because I'd like the option to add the VSM200 which doesn't appear to be compatible.
awesomo 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
After all that, the XL202 is the only compatible module. I will just do a full install.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic