icon

scs frigette 3342

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tilly042 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
Hello all. It seems I have finally found a good forum for my particular question. I've read the "Cruise Controls" page and was impressed with the seeming ease with which it said the installs could be done. Well, I haven't had training, and bought the SCS Frigette 3342 vacuum servo controlled cruise unit to put in my Astra (City), year 2000. This is the base model without provision for the factory plugin cruise stalk.
It's taken me ages to install, and now it simply doesn't work. I even created a simulation of the operating vehicle electronically to the cruise unit to see control outputs on the servo side of the main module, with an artificial tacho signal etc. Nothing seems to work. That said, it could well be my technique is at fault. Assuming no circuits are D.O.A.
I have tested what I believe is my tacho signal with an ocsilloscope and it shows 12V at 24,000 Hz per mile. This is double the maximum setting for this cruise unit (providing 1Hz = 1 pulse).
Are there comprehensive diagnostics published somewhere, or industry workarounds, general knowledge. I feel really out-of-the-loop and wonder if my non-success could be attributed to going about it in the wrong way.
I would appreciate help on any part of this. Thanks.
tilly042 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Am I confusing Tacho signal with VSS? Still, I have the full circuit diagrams for my vehicle on the computer, and did pursue the VSS wire. Hmmmm.
tilly042 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry about this. In addition to the two posts above, here is a picture of the model of car. I assumed they were sold in the US, but cannot seem to find its badge equivalent there.
scs frigette 3342 - Last Post -- posted image.
Is there a model name for it in the states?
tilly042 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2011 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged  
Hello?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic