icon

programming a compustar p2w9000r ss

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I installed a Compustar alarm/starter (AS6000 brain) in My 2011 Subaru WRX a couple months back. At the time I used a 1-way remote (1BAMR-900SH) because I was intending on installing the Drone so I could control it with my iPhone. Haven't bought a Drone yet, so I decided to upgrade to the P2W9000R-SS remote. I ordered a brand new remote from Compustar's website, and a used antenna (ANT-SS-2G) designed for that remote. Now it won't program.
I have found 2 different methods to program the Spread Spectrum remote. Neither will work. Key ON and OFF 5 times (leave in ON position), parking lights flash, push button 1...nothing happens. Parking lights flash a couple times to signal exiting programming mode. Remote does not work.
Key On and Off 5 times (leave in ON position), insert battery into remote. Nothing happens.
When I first tried programming the remote by inserting the battery into the remote it would play a song for about 15 seconds. Now when I insert the battery it just shows the time and the UNLOCKED symbol. I think it stopped playing the song after I went into the programming menu to program the clock. I'm thinking I may have changed another setting, I just don't know what.
The alarm/remote start also has two different antenna ports. I've tried using two different antenna cables. The first one has a 6-pin 6-wire plug that goes into the antenna, and a 6 pin 6-wire plug that plugs into the brain. I have also tried the harness that came with the antenna. It is a 6-pin 4-wire connector that plugs into the antenna, and a 4 pin 4-wire connector that plugs into the brain. I even removed power from the brain when I switched cables thinking it may need a power cycle to recognize the switch. No luck either way.
Any suggestions at this point would be appreciated.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

programming the SS remotes, i noticed you wont get a response for at least 20 seconds.

key on and off 5 times (leave on) insert battery into remote, program 1way then 2way and wait 30 seconds. The remote will then beep or vibrate and its then programmed, the unit will exit programming by then.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
I don't have a 1-way remote. Just the 2-way.
It seems to exit programming about 5 seconds after going into it. One time I left the key on for at least 40 seconds and it didn't seem to help.
Do you think the remote not playing the jingle when I insert the battery is preventing it from going into programming? Can you confirm which antenna cable I should be using? I bought the antenna used, so I'm not 100% sure it came with the correct cable. Also not 100% sure it works, but for now I am assuming the antenna itself is fine.
I'm leaving to go out in a couple minutes. I'll try again and will wait at least 45 seconds this time.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  

the pw2ss antennas are all 4 pin from what i am aware of. Only the 2way G5 remotes are 6pin antennas.

so use the 4pin to 4pin connector.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: January 16, 2011 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  

Also, the tone not playing anymore is normal after the first time it starts up. If you leave the battery removed for a few days it will play the tone again when a battery is placed back in.

I assume there is a capacitor of some sort in there.

Ted
Compustar Expert

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic