icon

excursion vs sensitivty

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rogggg1020 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  

well im looking at RE audio 8's...and or pioneer 10" pro series... i been in audio for about 20 years now when dr crankinstien was the considered one of the best. but im just used to calling the company and finding out what size box i needed and build out of patical board then and now mdf (mdf wasnt heard of then around my town) for 2 12" i always made the box 5 cu ft with 2 4" ports 12" long that worked for me and all my friends. so now im running 2 kicker comps 10" common chamber @ 2.95 cu ft with 160 rms sealed, i been running that for about 3 years now i been measured @ 132.4 db with them. now im wanting better and louder. i just got my fatmat in yesterday, and now im trying to deceide on my subs, amp (s) , and mids and tweets. since i been a huge fan or us amps and just now found out that they make RE audio then im considering them, but pioneer has been in my favorites list for a very long time... so any help will be considered and appreciated.. and btw budget is small compare to alot of others but its not as small compared to what it use to be

roger (95 cougar 4.6 stock expect the stereo)
rogggg1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM / IP Logged  
sorry for the extra reply but where should i start with the fatmat at since for now i only have 50 sq ft
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
I'll leave it up to others to make specific brand recommendations to you, but I do have a couple of comments.  First, building a generic enclosure size and expecting it to work is fine as long as you don't have huge expectations.  If you really want the best out of any speaker, you need to model it (or follow MFG recommendations) and build to the specific specs of the speakers you are using.  Secondly, as far as using any vibration reducing or sound deadening material, where are the problem areas in your vehicle?  What is vibrating now?  Start there.
Support the12volt.com
rogggg1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  

well the generic set up was then thats why im here now, im slowly learning winisd, but im pretty stuck on those 2 brands after alot of consideration im sticking to those 2 for speakers and subs, my trunk lid is the worse thing that rattles the most but i have checked very closly and it seems that my trunk seems to be 2 pieces thats welded in very small places that i cant get behind except in about 12 small slits about 1/2 in by 2 inches, i thought about useing expanding foam but i know i will end up putting to much inthere and causes ripples in the outside skin.

soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2011 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
trunks are tricky to make then not rattle. try some rubberized undercoating in those cracks that you cant get into. it comes in a spray can probably at any autoparts store. then once that dries after applying as many layers as you can spray, try stuffing soft packing foam in the holes wherever you can fit it. and then go over it with your fatmat and make sure you apply it with a heat gun and a roller or it wont be as effective. also, make sure the license plate has something behind it to keep it from rattling and put all four screws into it if it isnt done already. lastly adjust the trunk latch a little bit so that the trunk is harder to close and it will give you a tighter seal and the trunk lid wont be able to move and vibrate as much in the first place.
rogggg1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
the only place it rattles is from the center to the back window and about 3 ft wide area in the middle next to the window, its really doesnt have a round edge its pretty much flat across the back window, now as far as the subs im gonna go with the RE audio srx10" dual 4 ohm, its has better sens then my kicker comp 10" subs and alot better excursion too, now if somebody could give a hand with air space and port tuning thru the back deck it would be appreciated..
rogggg1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
thanks sound for the advice, license plate is secured with jut pad and some fatmat with 4 screws, does that rubberized coating have a straw to spray thru so i can get into the openings that i mentioned earlier in the thread??
rogggg1020 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2011 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
and those RE audio subs i would like to have tuned to 27 hz if possible
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic