icon

08 ram viper 5901/chall oem alarm issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
drumminguy81 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  
i just put a viper 5901 with the chall using d2d in my 2008 ram 2500 diesel. everything seems to work fine except when i remote start it the factory alarm goes off and the horn starts honking. i have tried hooking up the keysense violet/brown wire in the ign harness to the status output from the alarm with an 8.5k resistor also tried hooking up the oem disarm wire to the keysense also using the 8.5k resistor.. still same problem horn honks when started. i put a meter on the wire to verify it is working and when remote started the voltage drops the same as when the key is inserted in the ign. i have tried remote starting with the key in the ign and the factory alarm still goes off.. this leads me to believe there is something else that needs to happen. if i unlock the doors with the factory remote before remote starting it works fine. is there a way to disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors? anyone have any other ideas?
drumminguy81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I also would like to know how I can hook up a starter disable since this truck does not have a starter wire..
drumminguy81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
bump
ben d. 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
use wire to wire. D2D is highly unreliable. Most of the newer chrysler vehicles will disarm without unlocking when they see the Sentry key, keysense, and ignition.
2008 Dodge Ram 1500
MECP Certified Advanced Installer CEA 191700
rjkboyle 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
I replied to your post on this thread a few days ago.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=122991&KW
Look at the photo attached.
You will see that you will most likely have to use a 1.470 Kohms resistor, since it still sets off the alarm by putting the key in.
drumminguy81 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2011 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the picture rjboyle i did try that and had no luck. i ordered another bypass just in case this one is defective and i will be wireing the entire thing w2w i want to rule out everything.. hopefully that works.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic