icon

2006 toyota tundra double cab

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM / IP Logged  

I'm ordering parts for this install-  I'm somewhat confused because I've seen bypass application charts which show the key in box bypass for this truck- and other charts show no application.  I have read post on here that say no bypass needed for starting truck- and some have said- some are "chipped".  I would like to know for sure there is no bypass needed- I would test by wrapping aluminum foil around key and seeing if it starts- but I am nowhere near the truck- I plan to go do it in one afternoon- and hate to have hiccups....Thanks

And, I also plan to use a DB-TOYDL module to handle the doorlocks easily-- thanks again

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
Cut a regular two dollar keys and try to start the van, if it does the you need no bypass, if it doesn't then you know the rest.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
The old body style Tundra doesn't have an immobilizer so no bypass is needed. It wasn't even an option on the double cab. It does come standard with a factory alarm so keysense is needed unless the door mod you are using does it for you....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2011 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for all your help, I did this job today with no problems.....Just wish that wiring diagram would give the easiest locations for certain wires instead of the ones they list....I found the parking lights and brake light wires most easiest at the trailer wiring plug connector- right in front of your face in DKP.  The ignition wires were super easy- again right in front of you.  I used a DB-Toydl module to do the locks- found data wire where it goes into driver's door- right in front of you.  I ran a tach wire over to ECM behind glove box--to the black tach wire there--(could have used any one of 6 injectors wires right next to tach wire location on ECM)...  found horn wire in a plug in DKP right below BECU....

Oh, and all my fears about a transponder were relieved when I saw the key-- looks like a cut key-- no plastic on it at all...  so no transponder as advised.  (many charts show it as a transponder system- including my Mitchell-on Demand wiring diagrams).   So this indeed is a money maker truck to do.

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic