icon

headlights turn on with disarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
integraking 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
i was wondering if anybody knows how to do this??...i did a little research and they said something like connecting it with the domelight supervision but showed no diagram on how to....also it stated that the headlight will flash with full trigger...is it possible to just make it so it comes on for a certain time and then shut off with arm button
integraking 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
i wanna try to make it so it doesnt flash with any triggers
ayalja123 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
 What kind of vehicle? Are you connected to the parking lights wire only? Does the the vehicle have auto lights?
elitecc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2011 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged  
Depending on what type of system you are using you may be able to use an auxiliary channel. For instance, on newer DEI systems, you can link aux channels to arm or disarm. In your case you could link aux 1 to disarm, program as a timed output (or latched or whatever else you desire), and use it to trigger a relay to trigger your lights.
If your system does not have this option, you could use a pulse timer relay wired to your disarm output.
Another option, and not my first choice, would be to use a momentary to latched relay setup triggered off your disarm wire.    The basic diagram can be found here - https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp . Things get a little more intricate though as you will need a way to shut it down, as there is no timer method using this method.
Elite Car Customs
Reading, PA
integraking 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
its a 94 acura integra and the vehicle does not have auto lights...but i was wondering if i could use a relay connected from the domelight supervision to the headlight wire?...will i be enough power to turn the headlights on?..and also do you happen to know the headlight wire i should wire it up to? plus my channels are already used up for other modules such as window module and etc.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic