icon

98 chevy s-10 dball will not program

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sickdually 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 6:00 PM / IP Logged  
i have installed a viper 5701 unit along with a dball bypass module in my 98 s-10 extended cab truck. i used the d2d connection between the units. i could not get the module to program to the vehicle. I did flash the module with current firmware. i did have some doubts for two wires coming out of the bypass module. the first is a BLACK/ white wire in the 12 pin connector RAP OFF- do not know what that is. the second wire is bulb test wire, according to the directions not needed for passlock 2. don't know what it is also. Has anyone run into this problem before with this bypass module? any info would be a life savor.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

What kind of lights did you get when trying to program it?

Are the jumpers on the Viper unit  in the HORZONTAL position?

And could you list what wires from the DB-ALL you have connected to what on the truck.

When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2011 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
you have passlock 2 in that vehicle.
do you have Retained accessory power. does the radio stay on and window work tell you open drivers door?
if the radio does not stay on you do not need the BLACK/ white wire.
if it does stay on then you need to hook that wire to drivers door pin.
gabedemelo 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
i generally tell people not to use the d2d harness and instead use wire connections between brain and bypass. make sure you have the right data wires from vehicle, and dont use t taps.
GreenGables
sickdually 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
I got the Orange light after I pressed the ipb and plugged in the 4 pin harness.then I released the ipb and it turned red. I then put the key forward while the truck was in drive to the start position and that's where I got stuck. The light never turned green.
sickdually 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the jumpers are in the horizontal position. I hooked up the purple / YELLOW wire (14 pin connector) to the second pin on the obdll. Violet/green and violet/brown (12 pin connector) to the yellow wire coming from the ignition switch. then the pink (10 pin connector) to the pink ignition wire.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like the connections are correct.  I don't know how long you are suppose to hold the key in the start position. I guess the only other thing in question is the RAP wire. Retain Accessory Power.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
sickdually 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2011 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for checking. Has anybody out there used a dball for a 98 s-10. I have used this module before on newer cars and it has always worked great. I did notice however on xpress kit website that on their chart for characteristics it is listed as zero keys to program. Never seen that before. Will try a different module.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic