icon

2003 dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
coolen 
Copper - Posts: 121
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
I started installing a Prostart 3271 in an 03 Dakota. I noticed today that when I was testing my wires (using the prostart wiring info the the dakota)- that it says that the ignition wire is the small blue one. And i ended up using a different one. It was maybe just blue, or blue and something, but it wasn't the small blue one. Any thoughts?
Also, this vehicle has 2 ignitions, and 2 accessories. I used the the "on board" relay to power the 2nd ignition. Now I have nothing for the 2nd acc. Would the relay go like this:
Pin 87: Fused at 12v +
Pin 86: Any 12v + that comes on with ign
Pin 30: Second acc
Pin 85: Ground
Pin 87a: Not used
Does that look right? If so, should the 87 run right to the batt?
Thank you
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
I believe that Pin 86 should be connected to the Accessory1 wire, either at the 3271 or ignition harness.  Additionally, I would connect Pin 85 to the 3271 Ground When Running, White wire at Pin 10.   This will supply +12v to the ACC2 only when ACC1 and the 3271 remote start is active.  Pin 87 can be connected to any suitable +12v source.
Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the speedy reply. Is a suitable 12v any wire + inside the vehicle? Should I fuse it. I've never wired up a relay like this before so I just want to be sure. So pin 30 still powers the acc 2?
Thank you once again
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2011 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
While I have not done a 2003 Dakota, all of the wire guides I checked say there are two +12v constants at the igntion switch and don't advise going to the battery.  It would appear they supply all the current needs of the wires coming out of the switch ( IGN1, IGN2, Acc1, Acc2, etc ).  Split the 3271s' load ( including the extra relay ) across these two wires.  The relay supply ( Pin 87 ) should be appropriately fused for protection.  Pin 30 will be the ACC2 output when energized.
Soldering is fun!
coolen 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2011 at 5:28 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic