icon

hid, 95 suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kstephens1223 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 95 suburban with the 9005/9006 bulbs, and i am wanting to add hids to it.  My questions are can i use hids with my conversion that makes all 4 bulbs stay on for high beam, and what kits can i get that have their own power wires to the battery?  thanks
Ken
scrtcell 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
you will have to get hid kits for both sets of bulbs but if you get the 55watt kit that should be plenty bright
kstephens1223 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
i have a set of 6000k in both high and low beam, but my high beam conversion wont work, will a heavy duty harness to the battery give it enough power to run them both?
Ken
afdanw 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  

kstephens1223 wrote:
i have a set of 6000k in both high and low beam, but my high beam conversion wont work, will a heavy duty harness to the battery give it enough power to run them both?

I had this exact same issue on my 02 saturn.  I will draw up a, "how to," so that you  can make the HIDs work, and keep the low beams on when the high beams are active, and the high beams turn off with the low beams are active.  It is pretty simple.  It is one relay.  I will post the picture of the ,"how to," when i have it finished for you. 

If your cousin is such a good installer, and he will install anything for a 6 pack; why are you talking to me?
kstephens1223 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
thanks alot afdanw
Ken
afdanw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2011 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

I drew 4 options. only 2 will be useable for you based on how your car is wired from the factory.  The best option will be the relay option.  The other option is to use a diod, but with the diode, you will have to find high current (about 20amp) diods, and you still may have current issues.  The realy is a better option.  I hope this helps.   

hid, 95 suburban - Last Post -- posted image.

If your cousin is such a good installer, and he will install anything for a 6 pack; why are you talking to me?
kstephens1223 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2011 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
thanks alot, i will try it tomorrow, but i dont know if it is positive or negative switched, will it mess anything up if i hook it up wrong?
Ken
kstephens1223 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2011 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
hey thanks alot man, works great, and it was positive switch
hid, 95 suburban - Last Post -- posted image.hid, 95 suburban - Last Post -- posted image.
Ken
afdanw 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
Good stuff man.  Glad it helped.  I figured it was most likely the posative switch, most cars are.  My saturn is the only one i have ever seen that was a negative switch.  Looks good.  enjoy blinding the entire road with your high beams. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic