icon

2006 volvo v50 key sense.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mysticalp 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

Hello!  My question is about the "Key Sense" wire.  I have got two Key Sense Wires at the Ignition Switch.  Key Sensor 1 and Key Sensor 2.  They are both positive wires.  I am just installing a basic remote starter (Autostart AS-1272).  I have an iDatalink (ADS-AL CA) flashed with the appropriate firmware. 

I would imagine that I need to connect a wire to the Key sense.  Does it matter which one?  Also, would I connect the Ground When Running Output to this wire?  I was told this, but I am seeking verification just because the Keysense is a positve wire and the GWR wire is Negative on the remote starter.   Thank-you in advance for your help and consideration!

Pete.

Pete
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Yes you need both keysense wires, and yes you would use the GWR to trigger. You would require two relays, both wired the same (or one relay and two diodes, but I am not sure what amp diodes you would require so I suggest relays):
Pin 85 to GWR
Pin 86 to Constant fused +12V
Pin 30 to Constant fused +12V
Pin 87 to keysense
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Hi, Thanks for your reply.  I called tech support and they told me that I should only use the one key sense wire and connect it to the 2nd ignition relay on the starter???  would this be correct...I am a little confused at this point....
Pete
Twelvoltz 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
It's your car, so however you want to approach it is fine...but if I was doing the car and it has two isolated keysense wires, I would hook them both up. It's possible the wires are common, but my tech sheet does not specifically list them as being common.
mysticalp 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  

Thank-you Twelvoltz!

I value your opinion.  I will try your method.  If I use two separate relays and connect them as you stated, do I jump the GWR wire to both relays?  (Pin 85)???

Pete
Twelvoltz 
Posted: February 28, 2011 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, you would jump the gwr to both relay's 85 pins.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic